Ch. 10 Venture to the Other Side

March 26th, 1986Hawkins, IndianaSkull Rock

March 26th, 1986
Hawkins, Indiana
Skull Rock

Eddie was more than pleased to see us, all things considered. He jumped between eating and drinking as much as he could while he explained to us what had occurred last night. Eddie Munson has what I like to call shit luck, constantly at the wrong place at the wrong time with the odds always playing against him.

The jocks; Jason, Patrick, and Andy, had found Eddie's hiding place last night and chased him out into Lover's Lake. The only reason Eddie had been able to escape was because of what had happened to Patrick, another Hawkins High teen killed by Vecna. But Eddie and Lucas had no doubt that the remaining two jocks blamed Eddie for his murder, and would go to anyone in the community that would listen.

"When I got to the shore, I tried calling you guys, but, uh..." Eddie took a moment to drink from the water canister he had just been fumbling with. "My walkie was busted, man. So, uh, I did the thing that I do now, apparently. I ran." He released an annoyed chuckle, staring up at us from his spot in front of Skull Rock. "Do you know what time this happened? Patrick's attack?" I questioned, shifting my gaze between Eddie and Dustin who paced loudly behind us.

Eddie nodded quickly before pushing up the sleeve of his leather jacket, "Yeah, no, I... I know exactly what time it was. My walkie wasn't the only thing that got soaked." He shot me a sarcastic grin as he waved his watch at us before tossing it over to me. "9:27..." I sighed, nodding my head in confirmation. "Same time our lights went kablooey." Robin pointed out.

"Which means what, exactly?" Steve questioned, having not followed along with the new piece of concrete information. "It means that that surge of energy was Vecna attacking Patrick." I explained before tossing Eddie back his watch. "Well, we're one step closer. We know how Vecna attacks." Robin mumbled, pacing between Nancy and me. "And where he attacks from." Lucas called out from beside Max.

Thinking over the next step, Max moved on to the next part of the plan. "So now we just need to sneak into his lair in the Upside Down and drive a stake through his heart." She mumbled with a simple shrug. "If he has a heart." Robin pointed out quickly. "A stake? Is he like a vamp?" Steve questioned slowly before his eyes grew wide, "Is he a vampire?" He questioned louder.

"It was a metaphor, she wasn't being literal." I stated as the party shook their heads in disbelief at the question. "A bullet should work on him, right?" Nancy questioned simply. "I say we chop off his head." Lucas shrugged, earning a few hums of agreement. "I vote all of the above, but we can't do any of that until we find a gate." I reminded the group with a frown.

"We need El to get her powers back." Max called out. "Oh my, God... Everything was way easier. We had this girl, she had superpowers-" Steve began to explain but was quickly cut off by an unamused Eddie. "Superpowers. Yeah, you mentioned her." He mumbled before nodding towards Dustin who continued to pace behind us, now beginning to mumble incoherently to himself. "Hey, uh... Henderson's not cursed, is he?" He questioned.