Ch. 34 Turmoil

November 6th, 1984
The Byers Household

   Walking away from the party and Steve, I quietly stood in front of the door. Silently praying that I would be able to actually get rid of the problem that is, Billy Hargrove.

  Shaking off any nerves that I had about the situation, I quickly opened to door to find Billy stepping out of his car. "Evening, Eleanor." He stated with a smirk as he stuck his cigarette between his lips, taking a long drag.

  "Did we have a date or something I wasn't aware of? Otherwise, why are you revving your engine in my driveway?" I stated, folding my arms in front of my chest as I walked down the porch steps. "Who am I bothering?" He asked, the same smirk still on his lips as he looked around the driveway where only Steve's BMW was parked.

   "Besides you and Harrington of course." He continued, blowing out a puff of smoke. "He inside?" He asked, his voice changing slightly as he looked down at his boots. "Yes, actually. So, do you mind leaving?" I stated, gesturing for him to get back into his car.

   "I do mind actually. Mind if I talk to him?" He said with a frown, looking back up before a slight sparkle entered his eyes as he looked past me. "Am I dreaming, or is that you, Harrington?" Billy grinned as I heard the door open and close behind me.

  Lightly placing a hand on my shoulder, Steve stepped in front of me. "Yeah, it's me. Don't cream your pants." Steve stated, placing his hands on his hips.

  Billy let out a quiet chuckle, before pulling off his leather jacket, leaving him in a red button-up that he didn't finish buttoning. "So, you two.." Billy started, pointing between the two of us. "No. That's- that's none of your business." Steve stated.

   "Then, what are you doing here, amigo?" Billy smirked at him, as the two walked towards each other. "I could ask you the same thing." Steve stated. "Amigo." He copied Billy with a roll of his eyes.

  "Looking for my stepsister. A little birdie told me she was here." Billy stated, leaving his cigarette to lazily hang in between his lips. "That's weird, I don't know her." Steve said, shrugging his shoulders.

  "Small? Redheaded? Bit of a bitch. Nellie probably knows her." Billy stated, his voice low as he spoke about Max. "Don't call her that." I spoke up, walking up next to Steve. "Doesn't ring a bell." Steve stated, placing his arm in front of me as I tried to step closer to Billy.

  "You know, I don't know, this whole situation Harrington, I don't know. It's giving me the heebie-jeebies." Billy continued, a frown etched on his face as he took the cigarette out of his mouth. "And why is that?" Steve asked while I glared up at Billy.

   "I mean, my thirteen-year-old sister goes missing all day. And then I find her with you, in a supposed friend's house. And you lie to me about it." He continued, a look of disgust forming on his features as he moved his face closer to Steve's before taking another drag of his cigarette.

  Letting out an annoyed chuckle, Steve shook his head at Billy's comment. "Man, we're you dropped too much as a child, or what?" Steve stated, getting an annoyed grin out of Billy who licked his lips. "I don't know what you don't understand about what I just said. She's not here."

  Nodding, Billy brought his cigarette back to lips before flashing a glance over at the window. "Then who's that?" He whispered to Steve as I looked over my shoulder to find that the four kids had been watching us. Peeking just their eyes over the windowsill.