author's thoughts

I hope you're not mad at my supe cliché ending.

This is the first story I've ever written like this.

I wish I'd included a bit more "friend" stuff. Specifically, dynamics between Mackenzie, Hannah, and Kate. (Sorry that Penny basically fell off the map.)

Unfortunately, I think this a bit of a reflection of my first long-term relationship, where I became too focused on my significant other, and not focused enough on my friends.

Eventually I'd like to go back and edit this story and add a bit more of a newspaper element. I don't know; if people have thoughts on that I'd love to hear them. I think I could definitely make this a lot better, but I also think that I need a break from Dane and Mack, even though I love them dearly.

I'm working on another college romance story*, and I'm hoping that I can focus more on friendships in that one. I'm always aiming for improvement, to be better than yesterday, and to learn from my mistakes and shortcomings. I'm glad to read any feedback that anyone has.

Please feel free to comment anything that you'd like to see in that one, formatting or otherwise. For example, real chapter titles, chapter titles that include whose perspective it's from, more of X, less of Y, etc.

Also, this feels like a weird request, but I'd love if y'all could follow me so that I can interact with you more. I'd love to get feedback and ideas about what you'd like to see next.

Thank you for reading The Line-Drive. I appreciate each and every one of you.

-Erica

~~~

*July 22, 2022 (Edit) - The Author's Note for One Shot Away (my next college romance) is up on my profile.

~~~

*August 14, 2022 (Edit) - Thank you all for 80k reads. It means the world to me.