CHAPTER TWO - JACOB

AUTHORS NOTE:

Me and Ezekiel's chapters are incredibly long, so please read these chapters in full, as they have a lot of fresh content along with essential story parts. They might take a while to get to, but trust us, we've been working hard on these chapters (like... weeks!) so we aren't going to let you guys down :)

(P.S The image is for reference, and is not actually Leicester Train Station, unlike in Ezekiel's chapter where you can see the main plaza) 

-

"Get off the train, you pigeon egg." 

"Come on, warp face!"

I feel someone slap me incredibly hard, and my eyes flutter open.

It's incredibly dark outside, and the train has stopped after an incredibly long journey. I'm slightly dazed, and everything is blurry. I can only make out a human figure, who is long and tall, with light purple hair, frowning at me.

I stare blankly for a bit, so I can readjust my sight and so I can hear properly. My ears are ringing madly, and my head hurts a lot. As my eyes trace the person, I realize that he likely punched me while I was asleep. My eyes automatically look downward, and I see a few bruises on my arms.

What a git.

After sitting in my seat motionlessly for a few minutes, I stand upwards and my legs feel incredibly wobbly, however I manage to muster enough strength to go up to him. When I do, I study his face and realize that he looks like James from Team Rocket. 

As I secretly circle around him, I shake the thought off, as I doubt that he was actually on this train. Besides, it would seem a bit too convenient if Team Rocket were loose and Pokémon had begun wandering England's streets.

I quickly run off of the train, to see that no one is at the main drop off point at Leicester Station, and as I keep circling the tiny plaza, no-one is there to pick me up. I quickly dart over to a bench and pull out my phone to text Ezekiel.

When I call him, it immediately directs to a voicemail option, and I press one of the keys on my phone to send him one.

"Hey man. Where are you?" 

"I did text you earlier to come and pick me up..."

"If you are available, please be quick."

With that, I hang up, put my phone back in pocket and look around the plaza once again. It is dead silent, the only sound being small crickets and the wind blowing. As I keep looking, I see the purple haired man making several different phone calls to different people.

A lot of the lights in the plaza turn off all at once, and the only thing illuminated is the train itself, with microscopic white lights placed intricately around the bottom of the train. It's pretty eerie.  

It's bewildering how strange life has been lately. First, we have Pokémon turning up in the UK, now we have people that seem relatively suspicious, and are seemingly in relation with the Pokémon world. It's incredibly hard to process, and at the moment, everything seems very coincidental, like a dream, if you would say.

I get that it has only been one day since I ran away, but it surprisingly has been one of the best in years. Along with being free, I almost feel as if I am going on some kind of magical adventure. I can really imagine it - a superhero theme, I have a cool cape, everything seems perfect and I get to thrash the hell out of an idiot with a mask on. 

Also, I need to have a supercharged sword which can cut through steak easily enough. Or, a strange gadget that can separate Lego pieces with a single finger click. Or a radioactive synthesizer that produces so much bass that it makes the enemy's bones shake.