Minecraft Is My Lifeline

Louise's POV:

As I left the bathroom a figure went rushing out of the library before I could even blink. It was pretty odd, not too many people go running out of a library but I suppose this person did.

I headed back to my computer and unpaused the game continuing to decorate my house.

Minecraft is my lifeline, that might sound sad but at this point I've grown numb to judgement.

I had my character walk over to the stream near my new house to kill some salmon for my cats. Minecraft cats have slowly started convincing me to get my own, especially with the whole no friends or social relationships thing.

I checked the time quickly, ok still three hours left until closing, I decided to move my inventory and other things from my old house to my new house.

I always wondered what the chat box in Minecraft was used for, its not like other people could play with me.

But then, thirty minutes later, I realized that the chat box actually does serve a purpose in the game.

Wilbur's POV:

As soon as I'm out of the library I sprint to my office building which is luckily close by.

I jump into my chair and start up my PC while panting out of breath from the run. What I'm about to do still hasn't processed in my brain.

Once the intro music for my starting stream display fades out I switch to the camera smiling and waving.

"Hey chat!" I say grinning. No matter how many times I stream, the beginning adrenaline of going live always hits me like it's brand new.

"Ok chat I know this is a much later time than when I usually stream but I've just had a crazy experience. Hear me out, I was walking through Brighton and decided to stop by the library right? As I'm in there I was checking out the old shitty computers there and I noticed one of the computers was still on. Do you know what was there chat? Minecraft! Fucking Minecraft!!" I say laughing.

"I mean really, who the actual fuck plays Minecraft on a public library computer, it must be so laggy I can't even imagine. Anyways, as I was about to leave, I realized the screen has the server code on it."

The chat stated filling up with "WILBUR NO YOU DID NOT" and "DON'T TELL ME YOU GOT THE CODE". It made my smile grow.

"Chat listen listen!! Wouldn't it be fun to just join and see what that person was up to? Only once! I swear I'm not THAT bad of a person, but yes I'll admit that I'm curious. Come onnnn, don't you all start mothering me."

Chat reluctantly agreed that it would be funny so I took out the photo and typed in the server code.

I took a deep breath for courage.

"You ready chat?"

They filled up with "YESSSSS HAHAHAH" and "this should be fun".

I joined the game and in front of me stood a nicely decorated cabin home.

"Ok chat let's look at the username and see what we're working with. Also, this house is actually really nice".

I went over to read the username

"LouieLou awww that's an adorable name"

Suddenly the chat box read, "hello?"