𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

"Wake up my beautiful Prince Charming! You've been resting for far too long with me, little old Dream, in the building." Dream's voice rang to pull Wilbur violently from his slumbers and into reality once more. The man groaned as Dream rested against the harpsichord which lay in his room, "my wife plays the harpsichord. I might steal this." Dream mentioned and brushed his hand over the fine woodwork.

"You have a wife? And no you can't have my harpsichord. Not until I can get another one." Wilbur sighed and sat up, sitting on his bed where Dream stared through the mask.

"You're a prince! Just get one made!" Dream complained as Wilbur stood up and changed without much care for the servants passing by. Dream also didn't care but how much could the man care considering he was a rogue and he was only ever surrounded by people like him - willing to run and jump around and throw lava at each other apparently.

"Doesn't work like that. Anyway, let me go eat. I have someone to meet today." Wilbur pushed past Dream carelessly. Wilbur's perception of Dream was slightly warped since the incident a few months ago where he arrived with Venus, her hand chopped off and both looking scruffed up. It was more strange considering Venus was under the watchful eye of the Saint-Malo regal family. Not that Dream cared but it did make him a potential enemy. But Wilbur had a small distaste for the man not because of that betrayed pact, but because of his antics with the love potions Venus and Tubbo let him have. In fact, Dream had visited to get a restock of the potions. That meant Venus was also in the castle. But no one cared when Venus was present, she was treated less of a guest and more like their foreign sister. So there wasn't much to present to her.

Meanwhile: Inka was putting back on her robes. Wilbur was already late so she took it upon herself to bathe since she had the time. She'd sometimes leave early to bathe or she'd arrive late after bathing, it was how she felt that day really. But since Wilbur was running later, she took the time for herself before wearing her robes and brushing out her damp hair - which reached to below the blades of her shoulders. That was how voluminous her hair was. With the time she had, she brushed through her hair with her hand and sang to herself, daydreaming the private time she had in the area.

Then at last, his voice came from the other side of the bush. He called her name and she stood up, going over to him and sitting down as he set out the book and played on his guitar for some time.

It was all peaceful until they heard movement. Inka didn't wait for Wilbur's sign to go, she scrambled into the bush where she tucked herself into a ball and peeked through at who could be moving around in such a confined space. After all, no one had really ventured there, only that huntsman. She watched with shaky breaths, both determined and terrified as the movement grew louder. At first, Inka didn't see him, he blended in quite well with his green tunic and hood, along with his darker green pants and black boots. He wore a mask, a smiling face carved into it, he was shorter than Wilbur but not by much. Inka watched with interest, the waltz of her with her self-destruction pacing forward and closer to the edge of the chequered knife they danced across for every moment she decided not to vanish into the wilderness from another human. The masked man was masked no more, as he took it off and looked around. Inka couldn't deny he was attractive, he had freckles (Inka had some lighter freckles under her eyes, though they were hard to see; she liked them) and a few scars as well as hair which was more to the longer side than it was to the short, that being said it only reached to the bottom of his neck. Still, it was longer than Inka's as it rested.

He looked around the area and then at Wilbur's work, before sitting down where Inka sat. The man grimaced, as did Wilbur as both realised something Inka didn't: the spot was warm. So Dream began laughing, not that Inka could see, but then the man stood up, with a bored expression, he circled the area before turning to Wilbur, "so where's the second party, they can't have gone far," questioned Dream, crossing his arms and looking around.