𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎

Helios travelled the sky once more and Inka shuddered in her freezing state. It wasn't often that nymphs fell sick, they were healthy and would more often suffer plant diseases than human ones. In fact, Inka wouldn't have thought she was ill, but Sally pointed out how dehydrated her leaves looked, shrivelled with heat. But Inka wasn't one to simply avoid meeting with Wilbur, so she hugged herself and followed the stream until she met with the man who played the guitar.

It hurt her slightly when his head whipped in her direction with a mean glare. He was mad, she wasn't sure why. In fact she wasn't sure if she could think properly as the colder climate led to her feeling as if her feet were going to freeze over. It was supposed to be warmer, as it was late summer, but the temperatures had been dropping from polar winds.

Yet his look softened at the sight of her, he pushed away why he was mad and stood up, going over and checking Inka's temperature to find she was warmer than usual. It took him by surprise, when reading up about Inka's species in books, he found that they couldn't get human diseases naturally. It had to be infected and in a moment of weakness. His best guess was someone at the party was ill, and she slept in wet clothes as he could depict from her still damp robes. She smiled at him softly and waved as he let his hand travel to her cheek where he patted her face a few times.

It was unexpected when he picked her up, over his shoulder. It wasn't like him; it felt more like Mercury to do that; he did it regardless and carried all of Inka, his sachet and his guitar all with him to their wall. Inka wanted to debate why not go through the front since they could, but decided it was too much thinking and to just let Wilbur sneak into the castle with her in hand. She was impressed by his determination to carry her, he climbed over the wall with her still on his shoulder, and jumped down the wall with her in arms. The rushing air, though delicate and such a meagre detail, sent a sharp shock of chill through Inka, that she felt nearly ashamed to say she huddled into herself.

Jovially, Wilbur hummed and took Inka to his room, dropping her into the bed as if she were an object. He smiled and ruffled her hair before leaving, Inka taking it as an incentive to stay in her place. When he returned, it was with Mercury and Tubbo. Inka was charmed by the way Mercury had to crouch slightly to get through the door, and the way he ducked under and rested his arm against the frame while looking at Inka casually. Wilbur, though clearly less happy, grinned and spun on his heel, sitting beside Inka as both the other men presented a dress.

Mercury's was the party dress, the off-white. Toby's was the dress Wilbur had bought all that time ago. Even Wilbur seemed surprised at the reappearance of the lacy brown dress. She was told to pick one, and never once had Inka felt the tension in the room between the triangle of men.

There was clearly a rivalry between Mercury and Wilbur, Tubbo was merely a bystander watching Inka get chained to the crackle of competition between the two. All of it was down to which dress she chose.

The answer should have been clear, Wilbur's dress. But she did consider it. Of course, choosing Mercury's dress was like Inka saying she liked Mercury more than her longer lasting friend. And though Inka loved the man dearly, it was familial. She considered it however, as the material was more forgiving and loose against her skin.

However, Wilbur's dress was tighter, slightly more constricting and lacier. Both rested by her knees, were long sleeved and had a high neck. In terms of style, Inka didn't care. But taking it into account what Mercury had said to her, Wilbur liking her. Inka felt the same. She liked him too. It was only right that she pleased him. And for that reason, she chose Wilbur's dress. Mercury shrugged and left, Tubbo handed the dress over and he too left the scene while nodding at Inka and Wilbur, he beamed at Inka before leaving and closing the door for her to change.