𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟑

"Wilbur?" Tubbo called one day, peering into Wilbur's room as his solemn tunes drifted around the room. Tubbo frowned and scoffed; the man had been playing empty, saddening love songs and just instrumentals of pure minor tones for a while. Daily, in his room, playing songs and croaking out lyrics to make himself feel better. He didn't realise that it was bringing down the mood of the whole castle. Mercury exercised with ear plugs and Tubbo cushioned the door to his forge and study to muffle out the music. It even wilted the grass outside. Artenos was the only one unaffected and certainly; Tubbo was nearly certain the child was an adult in kid form. With all of Inka's studies, the way she spoke about them. It made sense.

"Artenos is tall, well, she was. But she danced with him, who couldn't be killed and faced the consequences. Similar to the phrase of treading where angels feared to go. I've only myself to blame when I look back at it, I had turned around that day and took my dance with Visitor, who I could only assume was temporary until I felt otherwise.

Apollyon is just as tall, and constantly smiling. He felt more like a child of light than a reminder I would eventually die. He beat Artenos to the edge of the knife and she was no more, so one would only assume he was a villain. Yet he's the one to pat my shoulder and promise it isn't my fault, but the man behind me. He's the one to promise her return; which she had, as a child however. Suddenly, I was a mother, Apollyon and Visitor were the fathers. We would all raise the new child - she was fed by logical thinking, which was what she was. So I try to think more. Though it is proven difficult when the sheer ability of straight thinking is what died in the first place. It blurs the lines of plain rude and understandable avoidance. I lost touch of what I thought could kill me without her. Perhaps to the joy of Apollyon who would visit often.

Visitor looks like Wilbur. I don't know what he's meant to represent, but he appeared after Wilbur saved me from hunters. He has the same fluffy hair I adore, the same tall frame I'd dance with and the same wonderful spectacles. The same stubble on his face and the clueless expression I'd grin at. So I've a feeling it was supposed to represent something, yet what? I wasn't sure. To an extent, it made sense that he looked like Wilbur. Since Wilbur was supposed to be a visitor in my life. But I say that as if they were two different people. Apollyon never denies that they could be the same yet it is beyond my ability to comprehend." Inka had written in her descriptions and personalities on the daemons. Her situations with them in an oddly autobiographical way. Tubbo, upon reading it, knew instantly what Visitor was supposed to represent. He was surprised that for all of the emotion Inka showed, she wasn't aware that her imagination resonated with her love to stand by her views on mortality and logic.

It was as if she hadn't read any romantic tragedy. Love kills logic, people don't think straight when they're in love and Tubbo could prove it with the way Wilbur acted around any of the women he liked; a fool. But love feeds for the devotion to die, and to live. It was amazing how Inka herself kept herself going right next to Wilbur because she loved him. And she still didn't get that. She fell in love with the man after he had saved her. The emotion had been dogging her logic and fed her to risks for and with Wilbur ever since. It was why, in a later passage when Inka was talking more about her time spent with Apollyon, he says, "Visitor killed her, not me. Not you." And, "Artenos can't grow with him around," finally, "Visitor, Fable, Amor. He goes by all three. But Amor is more on the nose," as Inka recounted. Tubbo knew when seeing that, that Amor was just Amour. Amor was still "love" in some languages. So why hadn't she realised sooner? Was it denial?

So Tubbo stood in the doorway of Wilbur's depressing cove and frowned, looking at the man from her dreams; Wilbur had since shaved from the desperate attempt to impress Celeste who said she preferred clean faces. Wilbur looked up at Tubbo tiredly, the pair had a tragic bond between them, Tubbo didn't really want Wilbur around, Wilbur wanted Tubbo to feel like that, Tubbo wanted Wilbur to stop thinking like that. Not in an encouraging way, but Tubbo didn't need the self deprecating encouragement of Wilbur Soot Minecraft to hate him. Wilbur was simply disliked as it was, for what he had done. It was like a rich person asking for money. Why ask when it's already being received?