𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓

Inka watched as Mercury and Wilbur's rivalry grew. To a point where even Kristen stood back and beheld the wonders that were the two men silently competing. But it seemed more like Mercury simply provoking Wilbur and the man responding as expected. It was almost comical to see. And one day, the fateful day where Mercury was going to the event, Inka rode off with him in the carriage and waved goodbye to Wilbur. She was nervous as she sat beside the taller man, who was looking outside at the changing scenes. It had come to a surprise so Inka wasn't sure how Sally would feel not seeing Inka that night all of a sudden. She tensed up, never seeing the outside world nor being in a carriage. She was terrified.

"You ready?" Mercury asked after some time, never looking at her, but sounding as chipper as he always did.

"N-No..." she confessed while looking at her knees. She didn't want to see the changing landscapes with Mercury, it would remind her that she didn't know where she was and was no longer in the locale with Wilbur. He turned to her and offered an arm, she rested against him and sighed out the anxiety that still wouldn't leave her chest.

"Don't worry I can teach you waltz over there, Wilbur barely let me teach you the song." He chuckled and rubbed her head in a brotherly fashion. She was fond of the touch Mercury offered, it was always familial and playful, like her own. They shared a few common interests and had the same persona mostly, playful. Inka was more innocently childish than Mercury though, who was mischievously childish. The pair (when Wilbur wasn't pulling them apart) would chase around the castle sometimes, both one time trying to chase the cat Mercury had snuck into the castle. Wilbur found the cat, then Inka with Mercury chasing after it. He only scoffed and pulled Inka away.

Inka was more attached to Tubbo though, the pair got along swell, though they had the age gap, it was still smaller than her age gap with Mercury, though the man never acted his age. Tubbo had taken her through with the library, teaching her over the span of a few weeks how to read. He once took her through the mysterious door he let no one else into, it was a sort of forge, dark and growing plants, there were tubes of glass and liquids rushing all around the room, not to mention the many bits of metal he had stashed in a chest he would sometimes pull out and bend with the brute strength a satyr naturally had. He told Inka all about alchemy, the potions he planned to make and the ingredients he sometimes needed to steal before he managed to cultivate his own. He'd blabber about the science of friction against potions to stimulate them more and how the faster they went the more potential they had to either stick or spread. It was interesting for her to listen to and though she couldn't do it herself, she watched him make the potions sometimes, making pink shiny ones and deep reds, some were green and smelled like ginger, others were a murky brown that Tubbo demonstrated made flowers regrow when cut off. It was enticing. They both agreed that when winter arrived, they would try the brown potion on Inka to see if her leaves would regrow.

They made it to the foreign kingdom in time, a few hours it took since Mercury travelled fast - the fastest horses ever apparently; the "best horse to exist" (according to the man) was gifted to his brother. Who would be at the event to see his brother for whatever the reason was.

It was a warm country with vineyards as far as the eye could see, and sunkissed terrain, lavish in their own right and bursting aflame with colour and strength. Inka was impressed and appealed by the amazing sights. Mercury sighed in welcome and took Inka's hand, pulling her out of the carriage to the warmer day of what Inka found to be Business Bay. A range of islands ruled under one pair of tired and drunk eyes, the kingdom's colour was green, but often presented themselves with their coat of arms - a business suit in the form of a shield. Inka basked in the Sun and looked around as Mercury stretched and popped his neck, much to Inka's grimace.

"Alrighty Inka, let's head to where we're staying! That being the all astounding hotel Schlatt himself made reservations for." Mercury bragged cockily as Inka smiled doubtfully, but it was a grand hotel. White, upstanding pillars and dark wood as accents with the coloured lights, the grand windows tracing over every wall to present the great interior of some of their rooms. And the building itself was tall, Inka had to step back to take it all in. And even through all of that infrastructure, vines of ivy and grapes laced the pillars.