𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏

Back in the castle, where Inka had left and forgot to take the tension with her, Wilbur stood with all eyes on him. Mercury looked where Inka had left and Tubbo massaged his temple in frustration. Kristen was in an unbelievable amount of rage as Wilbur looked down at the ground.

"Alright, where do we begin?" Tubbo groaned and crossed his arms. Mercury looked back at Wilbur as Kristen approached him. She struck him across the face with so much force, he forgot to feel it as Tubbo looked down and Mercury looked off to the side.

"And I thank the stars every day that you will never, never be ruler of this nation." Kristen spat firstly, "I think you forgot who raised you because I know for certain I did not raise you with the teachings of not only humiliating yourself but taking another person down with you. I don't care for how you shame me because believe me young man, I'll be fine! But you, you've got someone to apologise to." Kristen warned while holding onto his shoulder.

"Why?" He asked, looking up at her with a tired gaze, "why do her feelings matter but mine don't? I've just found out I lost the girl I liked and all you can do is tell me I have to think about others?" Wilbur asked sorrowfully, Mercury had never thought of Wilbur to be so self-centred. Though it did remind him of Inka saying the same about mortals.

"That's because unlike her, you projected your feelings onto other people: unsolicited, undeserving and so immeasurably damaging, I'm shocked Inka could even forgive you the first time." Tubbo huffed and walked away, "she liked you. She loved you. You knew it, and you still thought she was pulling on your leg. I don't know why though because who else would sit down and listen to your insufferable complaints about other women and the flaws of love for the next three days? You knew she loved you and you still turned to her and you called her an embarrassment." Tubbo complained and left the room himself.

"Sure, you didn't need to like her. We weren't forcing you and it's our fault for making those girlfriend jokes, I get it. But if you didn't like her, why did you keep her to yourself? Why'd you treat her like something to be tamed?" Mercury asked as Wilbur scoffed in guilt. He rubbed his cheek which his mother slapped and thought of Inka.

"Go." Kristen ordered, "go to her, find her and apologise! I'm not feeling sorry for you until you make it right. That's your mistake, and I taught you to clean up your mess before asking others to do theirs." She hissed with anger and pointed to the door. Mercury offered Wilbur a cloak and Tubbo appeared with his own.

"What? Did you expect me to leave Wilbur to give a fake promise he wouldn't be able to keep again?" Tubbo asked rhetorically and made his way out of the castle with Wilbur and Mercury. Kristen joined soon after, finding she needed to apologise to Inka. Even if a part of her knew what would happen.

As a family almost, Kristen was led by the three boys into the woods directly by the walls of their castle. She trod over bushes and shrubs before hearing the stream which linked to a river that ran a fair distance behind their home. They all walked down the stream to the lead of Wilbur, who knew more past that point. He went up ahead, muttering curses to the family and huffing with his poor struggles due to Inka, before it all stopped. Tubbo joined by his side and so did Mercury before Kristen towered behind them with her wings to elevate her.

There, laying on the floor with a pool of translucent, brown-orange liquid pouring from and sticking onto her clothes, the grass and her skin; it was Inka. Who sat beside her was a yellow man, slightly older than Inka with hair curly and bouncy as he plucked leaves from Inka's hair. She spoke to him and he responded - both too quiet for any of the witnesses to see. And the second was an infant, all red and in blue robes like Inka's as she lay there. She stared at Inka as one of Inka's loose hands dropped from her cheek. Kristen recognised them from their essence alone; daemons.