the swan princess

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

the swan princess
*ೃ ۪ ۪ ━━
( if i could break the spell,
i'd run to him today! )
bbc merlin 2008-2012

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

*ೃ༄ for reading:
times new roman
dark mode , size:
second smallest

summary

DESTINY was a troublesome thing.

It dealt the hand of everyone, cursed the end of many and blessed the life of a few.

Odette felt as though destiny chained her hands upon iron floors with no way of climbing the stone walls to freedom above. Some spend hours, days and years trying to understand their fate▬crawled at the cobblestone, drew blood from a dagger and broke their nails to their beds trying to force their own way in the world. Odette was different from them. She accepted there was no change from the bottom for her▬she had nowhere to climb, and nowhere to fall. Her destiny will always be to stay where she had started:

An orphan, found with nothing as a babe crying in the night outside the servants entrance into the castle kitchens, Odette had no history, she had no future▬she had no fortune, no home, no lineage, not even the freedom of a commoner. She might be the daughter of a servant, maybe a babe cast away in fear of being a Changeling, or even a child born out of wedlock ... none of which gave her anything. She was merely less than a shadow, less than a footprint on the castle grounds, less than a smudge on the stone walls.

It was her fate to forever be a spec of dust brushed from the tabletops, a forgotten crumb left upon a plate by someone more important than her; not even worth the breath of her name upon anyone's lips.

And in all of her seventeen years of life, she has come to accept that.

She never let it take away her smile. She never once let her worn nails and aching knees from days spent scrubbing the floors of lords and ladies take away her bright spirit. Odette was a light within the dark▬eyes bright with a simple breath of life that strived for nothing more, and nothin less ... she was happy with what she had, what she was given, and all that she had been blessed with no matter her broken beginning and her cracked existence.

Yet, that is the strange thing about destiny ... the greatest fates are thrown onto those who never ask ... and Odette's is something far more.