017. physician's touch

chapter seventeen!017

chapter seventeen!
017. physician's touch

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

MERLIN'S MIND wouldn't place itself at rest. That night, the power he felt from the mere brush with Miss Adelynn Vecentia still kept him on edge▬right up until the next morning. He's never quite felt it like that: magic. Something so strong, and yet so hidden▬boiling underneath the surface. He didn't even realise he could feel magic from another being in such a way▬one that sent him stumbling and chills up his spine, so overwhelming he had almost passed out. He didn't even think Ronyn's younger sister knew ... but at the look on her face when he caught her peering inside Edwin's room▬how she mentioned the whisper of the beetles that had saved the Lady Morgana's life ... Merlin had a feeling she knew something hadn't been quite right, and it scared her.

    Did she feel the magic from him? It weighed down on his mind. He wasn't sure▬and yet, he was sure. She had magic▬he can't have felt the power from anything else. But if she had magic, what did that mean for her? Would she even know what it was▬would she mention it to somebody else and face a punishment so dreadful for something she never knew she had. Did Ronyn know? Merlin doubted he did. What would he do if he found out?

    What was Merlin supposed to do? Should he do anything? Was it his place to do anything?

    As of now, it seemed Adelynn Vecentia was in complete blissful ignorance▬but for how long?

    Those thoughts plagued him as he woke at the brink of dawn▬prepared to gather provisions for Edwin before the day was to truly start. He got ready with his mind elsewhere; continuously mulling over the feeling that still hadn't left him.

    Merlin glanced down at the stone he stood on▬down past through the many floors, into the darkest depths of the dungeon ... perhaps there was someone who could provide him with an answer. He should have time for it.

   The young warlock pursed his lips and decided what he was going to do. He grabbed his leather bag and marched out of his chambers. He travelled down the small staircase to find Gaius sitting at his desk surrounded by burnt out candles. He looked exhausted, gazing down upon a book of records.

    He glanced over as Merlin emerged from his room and the sorcerer asked, "Have you been up all night?"

    Gaius took a long breath, blinking away the sleep from his eyes, "Yes▬" he yawned, "▬but it was worth it. Where are you going?"

    For a moment, Merlin thought about telling Gaius about Adelynn▬but for some reason, he stopped himself. "Uh ... I told Edwin I'd be up at dawn to collect some supplies."

    Gaius nodded. There was something plaguing his mind, too, Merlin could tell. Though he did not speak it. He sighed, giving him a tired smile, "Well, you'd better get a move on, then."