041. the once and future queen

chapter forty-one!041

chapter forty-one!
041. the once and future queen

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

    MORGANA DIDN'T want to attend the second day of the Jousting Tournament. After yesterday's dramatics on the field, she found it far too violent for her taste▬turning up her nose at the thought of people enjoying a sport where their main goal was to knock the other clean off their horse (and sometimes in the most ruthless of ways). This meant that Odette had to wake up and face Arthur, frustrated and annoyed to the point she did not even greet him a good morning. She left him breakfast and ate her own as she prepared for the day, not wanting to even get the chance where she would have to speak with him. She purposefully ignored the strawberry on the table and found herself a little satisfied to see him stop, confused through the curtains in Guinevere's home.

    He knew she was upset over something by that, and she watched him look upwards, muttering something under his breath. He grabbed the breakfast she left angrily and he did not speak a word through the home, either. She rolled her eyes to herself wondering how he felt as if he had the right to be angry about anything▬not when he preached something, and then acted the opposite, expecting her to wait on him as a servant when they were guests in someone's home. Even that couldn't humble Arthur enough. 

    It wasn't until he fastened his cloak and went to step out of the door in order to meet Merlin in the Lower Town did he stop and turned back around. He noticed Odette's figure behind the curtains▬a translucent shadow that fixed her own cloak over her shoulders with elegance, even when she dusted it with a breath of frustrated anger he even heard from here

    "Er..." he began, rather confused and awkward. "See you at the Tournament, Odette?"

    He received no answer, but he watched her falter and glance his way. He waited, but waited no longer▬with a small scoff to himself, he opened the door and left, already starting his day in a bitter mood. 

     Once Odette was sure the door had closed, did she step out. She sighed, shrugging her cloak into place and brushing her hair back over her shoulder. She waited, but she waited no longer, before making her own way to the Tournament▬already starting her day in a bitter mood. 

    She did▬however▬look forward to sitting in the stands today with both Gwen and possibly Gaius. Without Morgana viewing today's festivities, her first handmaiden was free of the main box and could enjoy the Tournament in the midst of the peasant stands. Odette brought some snacks from her home▬already feasting on the little slices of cheese ... having never had so much food at her disposal and not quite knowing what to do with it. 

    Odette gazed up at the sunlight that beamed down, and if her morning hadn't started so horribly, she would have smiled, welcoming the omen as good luck for the day ahead. She considered going to visit William and give him some of her cheese▬until she realised that would mean she would have to face Arthur and so she chose to do the exact opposite.