Chapter 6: Bonding

"Whoa" I said, feeling a rush in my tummy, similar to the sensation one got when in a rollercoaster just as it was about to go down in a straight line.

            "You good?" I could hear Khaled smiling.

            "Yeah, I'm goodie. I guess you do get unused to getting into an airplane when you haven't gone into one in a long time."

            "I used to get this way as a child but you get used to it and believe me, we do travel quite a bit."

            "I'll bet you do" I took a deep breath.

            Finally, the plane stabilized. The captain proceeded to tell us we could take our belts off and live our lives. Well, he didn't say it exactly that way but what the hell.

            "So what do you wanna do?"

            "I don't know, watch a movie and maybe get something to eat because I'm starved."

            "Then let's look at the menu" he happily picked up the menu sitting on the small coffee table.

            "Please tell me they have either a burger or a falafel sandwich, I need one or the other, or both. You know I'm not very modest with food."

            "And yet, you still look like a fashion model" he teased, or rather, he was giving me a hint.

            "Are you trying to throw a hint at me?"

            "Maybe" he chuckled.

            "Dude, I love food too much to become a model."

            "But you'd be great at it."

            "Maybe, I know I can do it. But again, food is too important to me and modeling will make me give that up."

            "Not really, you can still at whatever you want but all in moderation" he chuckled.

            "I know but I don't know man."

            "Think about it because my mom wants to use you for her line and after the modeling jobs you did before, caught the attention of other modeling agents."

            "And something I hoped would not happen."

            "Relax" he laughed and placed his arm around me. "It'll be fine. But if my mom asks you, would you be willing to?"

            "Maybe" I smiled.

            "Maybe?"

            "Look, I did it before because I needed the money and it seemed like a good idea. But I did not expect the publicity it produced."

            "You thought it was just going to be for some catalog or something smaller?"

            "Yeah, though really thinking about it now, I realize it was kind of a dumbass thing for me to have thought."

            "You did not want the publicity, did you?"

            "No, I didn't. But at the time the thought of making a few extra bucks was kind of appealing, and the thought of trying something I've never done before, was perhaps enough for me to try it out as a one-time thing."

            "I get it. You were dealing with some financial difficulties because your trust fund was taken and the chance of going to a university was dashed."

            "Yeah."

            "But remember how I asked you to let me ask my parents for help and you said no?"