Chapter 23: Drug Bust

We returned to Dubai two weeks after George's passing, including Jabal and Kitana. I was still a mess, quite literally but I was going with the notion that I was okay so that my family did not worry so much about me, especially Khaled, who tended to get protective and I liked that about him.

I just did not want him to worry so much about me that it robbed him of any kind of joy. It was the last thing I wanted.

Arriving home, I went into my room and attempted to get some sleep but my mind was racing with a million thoughts it was nearly impossible to be able to so much as rest. I was having a hard time falling asleep as it was, and the only thing helping me was the Indica weed Kitana and Jabal had secretly gotten for me.

I was consuming edibles, which made it easier to hide from my family because if they saw me eating them they would have simply assumed they were ordinary candy gummies. Only now being in the emirates, it was going to get a whole lot harder for me to get a hold of some gummies or other forms of edibles, even oil tinctures. Since all of that was illegal here, the most Kitana and Jabal said was they could get me flowers so I could smoke them.

Smoking was going to be a challenge because of the smell, which left one reeking of it and it would be quite obvious.

Khaled walked in, being the joyful one with a huge smile.

"Hey, buddy, glad to be back in Dubai?"

"Yes" I said because it was true despite the setbacks I was going to face here when it came to being able to fall asleep blissfully.

"Look, I know you're still sad about George but try to understand he would not want you to grieve him forever."

"That's easier said than done" I sighed. "Look, I know you mean well and I appreciate it, but this thing with George, it's not going to be easy to move on from. Especially after a whole slew of losses."

"I get it and I'm not pushing you to move on. I just don't want to see you become so consumed by your depression that you stop enjoying anything."

"I get it but like I said, it's going to take me some time and all I want is for you to understand that it's not going to be something that's going to happen from one day to the next."

He pulled me up and wrapped me in his arms, in a hug.

I felt safe whenever I was with him like nothing could ever harm me. His caring and loving nature were what I loved about him. He was like the big brother I needed, that I no longer had, and I was going to make sure I protected what we had, what I had with him, his brother, and his parents – my family.

I knew if he or anyone else found out I was consuming marijuana, I would likely lose what we have built thus far. I was not going to let anything or anyone, stand in the way of that. I was going to do my absolute best to not get caught, though I knew I had to be extremely careful with that.

"Thanks for the hug. It's what I needed."

"Anytime, and if you need a random hug just come and hug me and I'll return it" he smiled.

"I'll take you up on that" I chuckled.

***

The day went by quickly and it was late. I grabbed my stash and went to the backyard to smoke it and even took my shirt off – which I hated doing – but I had to make sure I did not have anything on that the smell of weed could stick to. In fact, after smoking it, I was going to take a quick swim at the pool so that I could maybe mask it with the smell of chlorine.