Chapter 11: New Friendships Blossoming

Last night's shoot had gone well. What made the shoot better was that Khaled had joined in, as did Louai.

            The difference between the last shoot I did for Jihan nearly a year ago was that it was not as awkward as it had been then since Louai was no longer throwing darts at me. Though he and I were still not on talking terms, or friendly terms, for that matter.

            As I got ready to hang out with Hassan, I made sure I went as myself and not what I thought he expected of me. If he and I were going to be friends, even though to me it seemed like the most farfetched idea to concoct, he was going to have to accept me as I was.

            Since it was hot today, I decided to put on a pair of slim blue jeans, threw on a black tank top, and grabbed a shirt that had baby blue and white vertical lines. I threw on my Old Skool black over white Vans, and I was ready.

 I threw on my Old Skool black over white Vans, and I was ready

Omar

***

            Khaled walked in, all smiles as always.

            "You look great" he eyed me from head to toe.

            "Thanks."

            "Are you excited to be making new friends here?"

            "Yeah, I am. Though again, I never expected celebrities to try and befriend me. I guess this is yet something more that has to do with me stepping out of my comfort zone."

            "It's good you're willing to do that. When we first met, you were quite hesitant to be friends with me but you quickly overcame it when you saw I was like everyone else."

            "It was your humility that permitted it and I'm glad you were humble enough to accept being friends with an average Joe like me."

            "You're anything but ordinary or average now. You're my family and my cousin, and that makes you amazing."

            "Again, thanks. But I have a question..."

            "Ask."

            "You know Hassan and his family way better. What's he like and what are they like?"

            "You've met them" he chuckled.

            "Yeah, for like five minutes" I chuckled.

            "They're nice people and Hassan is humble and nice. I'm sure like you and me, you two will get close in no time."

            "Let's hope so."

            "You will, and maybe it's about time you started thinking a little more positively" he smiled.

            "I know, though it's harder to accomplish than to say it."