𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 11

┌⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯✩☆✰⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯┐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 11
❚❙❚❙❚❙
𝚂𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕 𝚘𝚏 𝙷𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛𝚜
└⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯✩☆✰⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯┘

The sun had set, and the street lights were the only source of lights along the streets of Beacon Hills

The sun had set, and the street lights were the only source of lights along the streets of Beacon Hills. Quinn had this anxious feeling like something important was going on but she shrugged it off, she figured it was just her nerves. To be fair she was finally learning why her ex had disappeared for almost five months without so much as a goodbye.

Quinn was pulled out of her thoughts when the minivan door opened and Kamari entered with a bag of food. "All right, two bacon burgers, curly fries, and one Cherry Coke."

The Calloway boy passed Quinn her drink and burger, who graciously accepted the food. After a tiring day, the Finstock girl really needed that burger, topped with freshly fried bacon. It didn't take long before the two were done eating and ready to begin talking.

"I guess I should get right into it..." Kamari pursed his lips for a second, seemingly planning how to start.

"I just want to say real quick that I don't plan on trying to get back with you, I just figured you deserve to know why I just vanished." Quinn nodded her head in understanding, she wasn't planning on getting back with the Calloway boy either, she had moved on months ago.

"Four, almost five months ago me, and my family were dealing with an emergency that forced us to pack up and leave Beacon Hills immediately. It happened so quickly there was just no time to tell our friends what was happening... to tell you."

"Why didn't you tell me afterward? I would've understood why you left if you had told me." Patience just wasn't her virtue, but she had been waiting for almost five months to get answers so it was justified.

"I was going to but that same day we left we got into an accident. Iris and I were okay but our parents... they didn't make it. We were sent to live with our grandparents, and when we got there I just shut everyone out." The Calloway boy bowed his head down, hiding his face in the process.

"Oh, Kamari, I'm sorry. I nev-" Quinn immediately felt guilty about not hearing the boy out sooner, and sympathetically placed her hand on his when she attempted to apologize.

"No. Don't apologize. It was still unfair of me to just cut off communication with you, it was no wonder you tried to avoid me like the plague when I came back." The two teens stared at one another, different emotions on display through their eyes. After a moment of silence between the two, Quinn voiced a question she had been wishing to ask her ex.

"Why did you come back?" There were still things Quinn didn't understand like why he would even consider coming back to Beacon Hills, especially after what happened.