Sunrise Securities || Bucky Barnes

Bucky groans at the hint of light that shines through the tiniest crack in the blinds directly into his eyes. Flipping to his opposite side, he hums in content while stretching his arm out across the space ahead. He expects to be able to wrap it around another warm body lying beside him only to be met with a bundle of empty blankets instead.

Your absence causes him to blink his eyes open and sit up fully. The side of the bed where you had fallen asleep last night is now abandoned and cold. While this should've been enough for Bucky to realize you've left quite some time ago, he still finds himself scanning the room optimistically, however your clothes in which had once been littered across the floor have since disappeared as well, only his own remaining discarded among the dawn shadows.

You left. He shouldn't be too surprised, at least that's what he tries telling himself anyways. He's heard how hook-up culture works: a pair goes home together after an evening of flirting followed by a night of pleasure only to leave the next morning without ever mentioning such events again. Apparently it's common, but nevertheless, it's not what he had in mind especially involving you.

Bucky wanted to wake up with you curled against his chest, his fingers tangled within your hair as you snore adorably. He wanted you to be the first sight he saw and vise versa before remaining cuddled together until the later hours of the morning when he'd offer to make you breakfast (even if he's a terrible cook). Being able to admire your image from across the kitchen table, with hair that sticks up on all ends yet makes you beautiful nonetheless, would've assured him that last night wasn't a dream and that for once, he actually managed to do something right.

Perhaps this lonely situation is his own fault which is a thought that stabs him with guilt. Last night the two of you had been at a small get-together with the other Avengers, although you both opted to enjoy each other's presence on the sidelines rather than take part in the overbearing social crowd. While casual flirting has always been common throughout your friendship, it took a more serious turn after you had made a subtle joke about not having been on a date in years. This small, meaningless comment somehow became the seed for an entire conversation before you more quietly admitted to Bucky that you happen to be a virgin.

Now, contrary to what one might think with his past reputation as a 'ladies man', he's never been the type to go around sleeping with just anyone not to mention his flirting itself has been pretty rusty in recent decades. If you were any other girl, he would've shrugged off your confession with the friendly assurance that 'you'll find someone', but the problem is you've never been just anyone to Bucky. You're someone he's grown to love and treasure over the years, so the fact that you so openly admitted to being a virgin seemed like a step in the right direction; a point that you trust him enough with information some may find embarrassing.

Hanging onto that topic, Bucky decided to take a shot in the dark, offering himself as a potential partner in erasing that pesky v-card you've held onto dearly. Truthfully, he only expected you to laugh, taking it as a teasing response and nothing more before revisiting the discussion of entering the dating field to find a man, but instead, he had gone numb with surprise when you nervously redirected your gaze to your fidgeting hands, quietly uttering the words 'I'd like that'.

From what Bucky had seen and from what you had promised, you didn't have anything to drink that night and he himself couldn't get drunk, meaning you were both in the right mindsets to make the decision. Even so, he had still asked you about a million times from out the bar door to the moment he was hovering above you, ensuring for a fact that you wanted the same thing he had only previously dreamed about. Of course, you agreed each time without an ounce of hesitation, so he was happy to have you suddenly become a moaning mess underneath him, crying out his name in pleasure and ending the night satisfied while wrapped in his arms.