Chapter 8: Mikes couch ⛓️⛓️

I had no clue where or why Dustin wanted to meet up. Probably just to hang out.

We arrived at Mike's house. When we got to the basement everyone turned and stared. I was so confused until I realized. We came in together. The past few days felt like months. It felt normal. It felt like this is how it has been all along. But they didn't know that. And I didn't know if eddie felt that way either.

"I had to return his jacket on the way here and since we're heading to the same place I just caught a ride with him" I said pointing my thumb back towards eddie. Okay perfect. That sounded good, believable. Only their expressions were even more confused. Of course. Why would I even have his jacket.

"She was the last to leave the other night. She refused a ride. So I insisted she at least take my jacket. It was nearly the dead of winter. Global fucking warming." He scoffed as he strode past me and glanced back with a wink. Phew i was so worried hed be upset i wasnt honest with everyone. Everyone chuckled and went back to what they were doing. Except Mike. He looked pissed. But not to me. To eddie.

"What am I here for Henderson? I got about 3 lovely novels waiting at home to be finished so this better be worth my time" I said warily. Eddie gave me a devilish smile.

"Oh nothing I just wanna hang out. I knew you wouldn't come unless you thought it was urgent" Dustin said.

And it was true. I gave him a nod and hopped on the couch.

--

I stayed on the couch a majority of the night, just watching the guys goof off. Not in an awkward way. I'd talk of course. But eddie. He couldn't keep my eyes off me. I swear if he didn't watch his glances he'd get us caught.

Mike was moody the wholeeee night oh my gosh. Literally no idea why. He has his moments tho so I chose to ignore it. Lucas, Dustin, and Eddie were making an elaborate map of Hawkins but renaming the locations. Ms Lettermans house down the street was marked as Half Chewed pencil. Justin Lamottee was Hottie Lamottee with the swimmers body. Dorks.

Towards the end of the night while the boys were filling in silly names on the map eddie came over. Mike made his way to the map to check it out the second eddie got up. He plopped down next to me and reached in the bowl on my lap.
"I put yours as future milf in Lucas' handwriting" He said low so the rest wouldn't hear. I couldn't help from grinning.

He stayed and we made small talk. The whole time he was inching his hand toward mine. Finally his pinky met my thigh. He made slow circles. It send shivers down my spine. He giggled when he felt it. Slowly he made his way up my thigh. I froze. I couldn't do this right now. If he continued I know I'd need release.

I shot up. "Alright dusty bin. I better get going before a demagorgon swallows me in the woods on the way home" I ruffled his hair. He was still on the ground inbetween Mike and Lucas. Luckily Mike seemed a bit more cheerful. I bent down and gave them all hugs. And I left. I forgot I didn't bring my board though so I walked.

--

Half way through the walk a car pulls up. I looked surprised. "Awe come on you dont really think I'd let my little girl get eaten all alone on her way home did you?" He reached over and pushed open my door. "Come on sweetheart. I have some buisness to finish from before that you rudely interrupted." He had the biggest grin on his face. I got in. Obviously.

As soon as we walked in the door he picked me up and ran to the stairs. I held on tight. Legs wrapped around his torso. Arms around his neck. His hair smelled so good. He totally uses lady shampoo. I'll have to confront him about that later hahaha.

We got to my room and he slammed me onto the bed. I laughed so hard. He did too leaning into me and crashing his lips on mine. I'd never get tired of his kisses. Strawberries and weed. So sweet yet so intoxicating. He pulled away and when I tried to move with him he held me back.