CHAPTER 2: PARANOIA

The body was gone.

"What?!" You shouted in shock at the poor woman in front of you. Her face remained stony as she explained further, "When our officers went out there, we found no body. They didn't find any sign of struggle either." I stared at the woman utterly dumbfounded. "Before you saw the murder, did you take anything maybe? Some medications could cause vivid hallucinations."

I let out a scoff, "I wasn't on fucking drugs if that's what you're asking. I know what I saw!" Her eyes briefly widened at my yell before quickly going back to her previous state. "Alright Miss, I believe you." She said, but I could tell that she was lying to try to calm me down. I closed my eyes briefly and took a deep breath. Nothing will get solved with anger. Stay calm.

I opened my eyes and stared at the unbothered woman before me. "Could I see the police report?" I asked. She shook her head, "Sorry, but we cannot give that to you at this current moment." She put on a reassuring smile that did nothing to make me feel better, "Don't worry miss, the investigation will continue on. We will get to the bottom of this." I sighed, knowing that I'll get nothing else from her. I could tell by looking into her eyes, that at this current moment she wanted nothing more than for me to leave her alone. "Alright, thank you for your time."

I turned around and walked over to the exit of the police station. Pushing open the door and got into my car, which was only a few feet away. On the way out I heard her faintly yell that she would keep me posted, but I had a feeling that this would just be called a false report.

I know what I saw.

That couldn't have just been my imagination. I had no past with hallucinations, and I didn't take any drugs before seeing the murder. I gripped the wheel and started the car. I backed out of the police station and started driving back to my apartment.

God, fuck that masked bitch and their talent of being able to clean up crime scenes so well.

I took a deep breathe and tried to calm down. They will find evidence, and there will be justice. Since the police is investigating where the murder happend, my job had to temporarily be closed. Which also means I had nothing else to do except be paranoid and think about the murder. I nibbled on my lip, and got thrown out of my thoughts when I heard my phone vibrate. Taking a quick look, I saw that Clara had texted me.

Because I'm not a reckless idiot, I waited until I was parked infront of my apartment to check. (Yes, I did just come for everyone who texts and drives 😌) I picked up my phone and scanned through the numerous texts she sent me

Clara☕🌟
OH MY GOD!!

Clara☕🌟
I HEARD WHAT HAPPEND ARE YOU OKAY

Clara☕🌟
WE HAD TO CLOSE THE SHOP EARLY CAUSE OF POLICE AND I HEARD THEM BRING UP YOUR NAME

Clara☕🌟
ARE YOU HURT???

Me
I'm completely fine down worry

Me
I was the one who reported the murder to the police

Me
I nearly shat my pants lmao

Clara☕🌟
SO YOUR OKAY??

Me
as good as I can be I guess

Clara☕🌟
THABK GOD

Clara☕🌟
I almost had a heart attack fr fr

Clara☕🌟
I'm so so sorry this is my fault

Me
What???

Me
It's not your fault AT ALL