CHAPTER 11: MATCHING CHARM BRACELETS WITH THE GRIM REAPER

In a bout of unbridled rage and stupidity, you launched yourself at them.

Planting both your feet into the ground, you leaped on them. Their back smashed against the edge of the counter at the sudden weight of you on them, letting out a loud grunt from your sudden assault. Your hands aimed for their mask and the knife in their hands. Their hands worked to push you away, but you were steadfast from moving. Body punching, kicking, grabbing, yanking at theirs. You felt sharp, burning slices of pain along your cheek and side, the knife moving wildly as you both tried to gain control of it.

Your knee managed to knock up perfectly between their legs, causing them to freeze and jolt painfully, letting out a low pained groan. Your hands finally managed to grab the knife in their hands while they were momentarily weakened. You aimed the knife at their side but were stopped by two hands grabbing your shoulders, pushing you away in their hunched position.

Your back crashed into the corner of the counter behind you, hearing the cabinet's clatter from the force of you hitting it. You arched away from it, feeling a dull pain bloom in the middle of your back from the collision. That was definitely going to bruise later. You shook your attention back to the figure in front of you. Their hand gripped the counter behind them in a tight grip, trying to get over the pain you just inflicted between their legs. They were slightly hunched over, mask aimed at the floor in pain. You could hear raspy breaths come from behind the mask, obviously caused by the little tussle you guys just had. Their head looked up at the same time you burst into motion again.

You launched at them with the knife in front of you, aiming for their chest. You were inches away from their chest before they grabbed your hands. Their hands wrapped around your wrists as you both struggled to take control of the knife. They pushed against your grip while you pushed against theirs. The knife shook in your hands from the different forces conflicting at the same time. You grit your teeth as you put all the force you could into pushing it into them. The blade moved forward a smidge before returning to its original position. You let out an angered grunt as the blade slowly got pushed away from them and got closer to you. Their strength overpowering yours as the knife got farther from them.

Their hands tightened painfully around your wrists, leather pressing into the delicate skin. The blade shook, slowly tilting toward your chest as they changed the direction of the knife in your grip. The knife's blade slowly crept closer to your chest as they pushed against your grip. You let out shaky breaths as you put everything you had into pushing it away. Inches away from your chest, you gave up and dropped the knife entirely. It clattered on the ground, spinning and sliding against the tiled floor of the kitchen.

You yanked your hands out of their grip, no longer pushing against their grip which allowed you to free your hands by pulling in the opposite direction. Both of your chests heaved, taking in deep breaths as you slowly backed up. You backed up toward the exit of the apartment as they slowly crept closer, mimicking your slow steps.

Your eyes stayed on theirs, locking in a heated gaze as the tension between you two was something you couldn't ignore. You swallowed thickly before pulling a hail Mary and twisting your body around to try to unlock the door to leave. You managed to turn the lock before you felt fingers dig into your hips. Cold leather on your bare skin was something that wasn't very comfortable, especially when it dug in as painfully as they were holding you. You were tugged away from the door, hands outstretched in front of you to grab on to something before you were turned and thrown back into the kitchen. A scream ripped from your throat, as your hips hit the counter. Your upper body leaned over from the momentum, stomach pressed against the chill of the counter.

You wheezed out a breath as your ribs collided into marbled counters. Fingers pressed into the counter so hard that the skin under your nails turned white. Your head dipped down for a moment, giving into the ache of pain that had spread throughout your entire body. It's not fun being thrown around and beaten like a ragdoll. You can't give up just yet though. You can rest as soon as this is over. Remember that. Safety will be soon.