Ruined Chance-Martell

I would never hurt her.

I scream at my human wanting him to realize his stupidity. He may not like the measures that I take but in the end he will understand. She is mine. Since he could not get her to stay I will. Seeing that the dummy is finally quiet I exhale in relief. When my breath inhales twice in its rhythm I freeze at the scent of fear in the air.

"I won't cause you harm mate. I just wish to speak with you." I say to her as I watch her frozen against the counter. She jerks back at the sight of my reptilian eyes and blinks slowly. Feeling his hunger I pick up the fork awkwardly and start to eat my food.

After missing my mouth twice I give up on the stupid utensils and start to eat with my hands.

At her chuckle, my head flies up and I tilt my head looking at her quizzically. What does mate find funny? Needing to know I decide to ask her. "What? Is there something on my face?" I ask as I bring my hands up to check. At my actions she only seems to laugh harder. Feeling a bit self-conscious I shuffle this minuscule body around in the chair trying to stop myself from walking away. We need to talk and the human wont ruin this for me.

When her laughter dies down she turns her back on me to get something off the counter. With it in hand she approaches the table and extends what I see is a cloth in offering. I look at the cloth perplexed. "You uh...you got something there" she says with a smile as she gestures to her cheeks. I take the cloth from her gently and proceed to clean my face in embarrassment.

"This is not normal for me. I apologize about my barbaric etiquette?" I say not meeting her gaze. Slowly I pick up the fork and try once more to use it to eat the food. I clench my teeth and frown once more when it fails to come all the way to my mouth. Giving up on feeding this weird human body, I sit back in my seat and look at her.

Her gaze lies heavy on my face, and I have to fight not to bring my hands up once more. Looking down at her plate I noticed that she has yet to open the container. "Eat mate. I can sense your hunger." I tell her as I push her food closer. Slowly she takes the container with a flush of her cheeks. As she swirls her food around I find that I like the color against her creamy skin. I sniff the hair finding a sense of satisfaction when I no longer taste her fear.

"So, I guess you two really are different, huh?" she says as she takes a bite. I relax my shoulders when I see that she is now eating.

"We differ completely. He is the imbecile, and I am the smart one" I say as a fact as I watch her eat. Maximus shouts behind the barrier and I change the shield so that he can hear us, but I can no longer hear him. This will be an important moment and I don't need him for it.

"Huh, is that right. Can I ask why you think he isn't so smart" she ask meeting my gaze.

I grin wanting to answer this question. "There are many reasons. The most important is that he is willing to let you go. I am not. He refuses to listen to sound reasoning such as getting a haircut to impress our mate" I say as my fingers count off my reasons and I wiggle the eyebrows on his head in her direction. "He does not know what is good for him. I know what it is that we need. He chooses when to be honest and what he wants to say. I am always honest and do not believe in playing games. I will not hide the way I feel or what I want. Especially when it comes to you" I tell her ending with a low growl.

"Well, that was a lot of honesty" she says with a slight chuckle. "However, I think that I would need the opportunity to judge what type of man he is on my own. Afterall, who has gotten anywhere by trusting the words of a beast" she says with a cocky chuckle.

My dragons laughter echoes my own. Even though what she said was in pure honesty, her playful manner has definitely taken the edge off of a tense situation. Her posture seems guarded. The last time we sat at this table she was leaning forward and relaxed. Now as she sits her legs are off to the side and she is nearly balanced on the edge of her chair. I would say that she is prepared to run if she needs to.