Mate Call- Emily

I look at his still body and wish that he would wake up already. I feel as if he has been gone forever. I trail the tips of my fingers along his strong muscular arm. When I tune back into the room I hear the big guy talking about a distraction and my ears perk up.

I watch him as he takes a cell out of a drawer in the room and starts to use it. He still wears Maximus black robe. The fabric stretches over his heavy frame. Even though I can see every crease of the fabric from his large muscles, the sight does nothing for me. Sure I find him handsome. His five o'clock shady looks like gold dusted on his face. His long hair lies in a ponytail at the nape of his neck. It is the most interesting shade of blonde I have ever scene.

I could have sworn that when I looked outside it shined gold when he shifted around. I honestly thought that it was a trick of the light. I snap my head to the right toward the door of the room when I sense movement. It's just the other man who is human moving toward me. He looks at me as if I am a science experiment. If I didn't know better I would say that he is studying me.

"Is there something I can help you with?" I ask him as he stops a few feet away from me. His staring has started to gone from curious to the creepy stage fast.

"Sorry, I was just skeptical that I would meet another mate. So, far I am the only one and I have no idea where to begin with the questions that I want to ask you" he states with excitement.

"okay" I say. "Well, if you answer a few of my questions, I can answer some of yours" I offer as I take a seat on the edge of the hospital bed. I thought about sitting in the chair, but I wanted to keep touching Maximus.

"Deal. So, how did you feel when you first saw him?" he ask as he takes the seat near the window. He sits on the edge of the chair tapping his foot. I'm not sure if it's in impatience of glee.

"Wow, right to the good bits huh. Well, I was attracted obviously. I think it was more than that though. after the initial fear well.....well I though he was the most beautiful man I have ever seen" I say blushing at the fact.

"Yeah, it was the same for me. Have you mated yet or taken the bite" he says as he leans to the sides eyeing my face. My hand flies up to touch it to see if I have something there or not.

"No one has bitten me. What are you looking for?" I ask him as I lean away from his gaze.

"Oh, I was looking for your mark" he says as he pulls on the collar of his robe to show me. I lean forward to see that there is a neat roll of teeth laying along his collarbone. "It's what happens when you mate. It solidifies the bond that builds between you" he says in a rush. Suddenly we hear a loud growl at the door and whip our heads to see Magma.

Igneous quickly rises from the chair and goes over to her wrapping his arms around her waist. I watch as the grimace leaves her face, and she goes calm as he holds her. It's almost as if her body sags into his. I look away from them feeling like I was intruding on something intimate. After a few moments I hear her voice as she approaches.

"Sorry about that. I am more than possessive of my mate. Especially when it comes to his mark." She says nervously. I nod my head as if I understand but only feel more confused. "I'm sure that it will be like that for you and Maximus when you guys are bound too" she offers.

Wait a minute. "Hold your horses lady, I didn't say anything about a bond going on here. I still have a job to get back to at the end of the week. I am only here to get some questions answered and that is all" I state as I rise from the bed. She looks saddened by what I said. As confusion swirls in my head I can't help but to back away from her. They all stare at me as if I have two heads and I am starting to feel cornered. Before I can sprint however, Magma stops me with a hand on the arm.