12

I watched one of the suited men drag an unconscious woman out of the room without a word. The others barely noticed, whatever drugs that had been pushed into their system clouding their perception of reality.

I felt sick to my stomach, now witnessing and experiencing what these young women went through after the inhumane auctions.

There were only around twelve of us, and most were completely nude. Only a few of us had on much too revealing teddies, and I was thankful there was the option of wearing a Venetian mask. On top of that, I had opted for a dark wig to further conceal my identity.

"These are important guests, girls," an overweight man warned us, lighting a cigar by large white doors in the classic building.

A woman leaned her head against my shoulder, barely able to keep her eyes open. I wrapped an arm around her waist to steady her, searching the room for a glass of water but finding none.

All that was provided was cocaine, most likely to dull whatever the men in this private and invite-only gentlemen's club would do to them.

All I knew was that Lancaster was here, and I needed to kill him tonight.

"You disappoint me, you'll regret it," he finished off with a threat, blowing out thick smoke before opening the doors.

Chatter and laughter reached my ears, and I could catch glimpses of only a handful of suited men littered around a burgundy and velvety regency-era library. Drinks had already been served and business discussed, and now it was time for the entertainment.

A few young women stumbled in after the overweight man, who welcomed the cheers of the men and invited them to fully indulge themselves.

The way the closest men grabbed the first women they could forced me to remind myself I was only here for one, and couldn't kill them all.

I walked in last, concerned for the woman who had been leaning on me once she was grabbed by none other than Mogilevich, who I definitely hadn't expected to find here.

He had these women all around his estate, so whatever business they had discussed tonight had to have been important.

I spotted Lancaster on a brown leather couch in the middle of the room, now filled with the clinking of glasses and laughter. Some men enjoyed the company of two or more women, unfazed by their drugged state.

I strutted toward the man I was here for tonight, but my steps faltered at the one I saw from the corner of my eye at the far end of the library.

As much as I tried not to look, I had to.

He had a dark-haired woman perched on his lap, her gentle touch running along his jaw while he finished off his whiskey.

I focused back on Lancaster, the middle-aged man who was one of the main suppliers in human trafficking. He was shy and quite sober, now alone and drinking only a glass of water, but I was positive I could lure him to a more private location.

"Hi, there," I smiled seductively, catching his attention once I arrived to stand before him. He glanced up and surprisingly blushed at the sight. "Would you mind some company, sir?"

I leaned forward, showcasing my bulging cleavage and gently placing my hands on his knees to move them apart, ready to kneel between them. I burned with excitement to have made it this far, and couldn't wait to get rid of this man for good.

"I-" he stuttered out, taking me aback at how shy he truly was. Noah's description of him didn't do much justice.

Before Lancaster had a chance to gather himself and find something to reply with, the all too familiar voice from the corner of the library travelled over.