Chapter 5

A/N: sorry guys for dying for ages-

Anyway, here ya go! 

It had been a few weeks since Hunter moved to the owl house. He and Edric had been seeing each other more as Odalia and Alador's fights became more often and the twins came to stay more and more. It had at first been odd for Hunter to have someone so interested in him and his thoughts, and he started missing the constant calling of 'hi goldie!' And random hugs that came with Edric visiting.

Much to his dismay, they had become friends.

Right now, they were sitting on the living room floor as Hunter and Edric read some of the Owl Lady's books on wild magic, with Flapjack sleeping in one of Hunter's hoodies next to them. They had been there for hours, and everyone else had already gone to bed.

Sleep was slowly winning over Hunter's need to read, so he carefully put his book down (making sure to mark his page with some scrap paper) and went over to the couch. He should go back to his room but he was too tired for that.

Edric looked up from his book and smiled.

"Getting tired, Goldie?"

"Yes, yes i am. It's 2am, Ed. You should sleep too." Hunter groaned, half asleep.

"Sure. Move over, then."

Edric got up, dumped his book on the floor and lied on the sofa next to Hunter.

"Hey!"

"Goldie. Please. Can't i just cuddle with a friend like a normal person?"

Hunter sighed and moved over, letting Edric have more room.

With a huge grin, Edric wrapped his arms around the other boy's waist and hugged him closer.

Hunter was silent for a moment before begrudgingly hugging him back.

Hunter smile to himself.

He felt safe there in the other boy's arms, with his fluffy green hair against his face and bright golden eyes looking in his.

After a few minutes, they both fell asleep.

////

"Amity! Look at this!"

Hunter was awoken by the sound of Luz's excited squealing.

Joy.

He must've fallen asleep hugging Flapjack again.

Wait, not Flapjack...

He realised he WAS hugging someone...

someone his size...

Who was hugging him back.

Shit.

Last night came rushing back to him. He looked up just in time to see Amity take out her Penstagram and take a photo of them both.

He untangled himself from the taller boy and sat up, waking him up in the process.

He could feel the blood rush to his cheeks.

Stupid Hunter!

How could you let yourself be seen like that?

Edric yelped as he accidentally fell to the floor.

He looked up from the ground to see Luz and Amity looking down at him, Luz looking excited and Amity looking... annoyed? Angry? Not happy, that's for sure.

Hunter stood up and faced Luz.

Luz smiled and raised one eyebrow.

"Sooooo, Hunter, how was last night?"

"Uh- um, good, n-normal, ah, fine fine fine fine, mmm-hmm. How about you?" He stammered, fidgeting with his hoodie's sleeves.

Edric got up and stood next to Hunter, putting an arm around his shoulder.

"We stayed up ALL NIGHT reading about wild magic. It was really interesting, actually. Now, me and g- Hunter need some breakfast, so if you don't mind, we'll be seeing you." he looked a down at Hunter. "Dya want to go out for breakfast? I know an amazing cafe that sells the most incredible fairy pancakes."

Hunter nodded, amazed at how well Edric was taking this.

Edric shot Amity a glare.

"And DELETE that photo. If i see it anywhere, I'll- Um. It won't be good." He walked upstairs, bringing Hunter with him.

They arrived at Hunter's door, and told him to go get dressed for their outing.

Hunter went into his room, and looked at the few clothes he collected during his stay. He had a short sleeved button up shirt with a striped pattern he could wear...

But no. It showed his arms, which meant it showed his scars.

Instead he opted for another hoodie, a plain black one he had found when he first arrived. He put on a pair of jeans and walked out of his room and down into the living room to wait for Edric.

Flapjack had by now woken up, and hopped onto Hunter's head as soon as he saw him. Hunter sat on the sofa, tidying up the books Edric had left strewn across the floor and table.

Luz walked into the room and sat next to him.

"Sooooo, Hunter... are you and Edric a thing?" she asked, getting straight to the point.

Hunter scoffed and took Flapjack of his head and into his arms.

"No. We were just tired and fell asleep on the couch. That's all."

"Yeah, but you fell asleep CUDDLING on the couch. That's suspicious, my dude."

Edric walked into the room.

"What's suspicious?"

"Luz think's we're a thing because she saw us hugging on the couch."

Hunter stood up and made his way to the door, with Edric following behind and Flapjack back on his head.

"No we are NOT. We were just two bros. Cuddling on the couch. That's all. Anyway, see ya Luz. Mittens." And then, just to confuse everyone further, he grabbed Hunter's hand and stomped out the door, ignoring Hooty's comments.

Hunter was shocked by the hand holding, and even more shocked when he found that a part of him liked it.

He smiled to himself.

A/N: OK,, there will be another update soon and then i might die for a while again- 

Ciao <33