Chapter 8

It's 10:30 AM and i just woke up

Enjoy more self indulgent fluffiness 

(I swear this book isn't gonna be ALL fluff-)

Also sry to all you Vinira shippers,, but i HC that Em's AroAce xx

Inside Hunter's room, they were awoken by the squealing of what they assumed was Hooty.

"Mmm, good morning Goldie," said Edric quietly.

"Nooooo, five more minutes!" Whined Hunter.

Back in the Emperor's Coven, he had late night patrols and then he had to get up at six (if he was lucky).

But here?

Heaven.

Edric chuckled and kissed Hunter's cheek.

"Maybe. I just remembered it's my sister's turn to cook today. I wouldn't mind missing that."

Hunter sighed contentedly and buried his head in Ed's chest.

He quickly looked up again.

"Woah, what's wrong?" Asked Edric.

"Do you hear talking outside the door?"

Edric listened for a moment.

Hunter sat up.

"Oh titan- if they came to wake us up and found you in here- what do we say?!"

Ed yawned, sat up, and rested his head on Hunter's.

"Why don't we just... tell them?"

Hunter was silent.

"Um, because... well- I don't actually know."

"Exactly! There's nothing wrong with it. Luz has Amity, Emira has Viney-"

"Viney's platonic." Interrupted Hunter.

"Hmmm, true. Luz n Mittens and... Oh! I've seen Eda with that bard a lot. See, there's nothing wrong."

Hunter shifted uncomfortably and fidgeted with his hoodie.

"OK, but, how would we even say it?"

"We don't need to. Let's just stop pretending we're not anything more than friends."

Hunter sighed.

"Fine, that sounds... that sounds OK."

Edric stood up, holding Hunter's hand.

"Great! Now that that's settled, let's go downstairs and pretend to eat breakfast."

They got up, still holding hands, and opened the door to see Luz, Amity and Emira arguing quietly.

"But still, Em, we shouldn't-" Amity abruptly stopped talking when she saw the two boys standing in the doorway.

Her face turned bright red and Luz jumped forward.

"Hiya, Hunter, Ed, um, we were just coming you wake you up, breakfast's ready!" She said quickly.

"We weren't spying I swear!" Added Emira.

"Em, I don't believe you, but OK. We'll come down then." Said Ed, and him and Hunter walked downstairs quietly laughing to themselves.

////

They decided to start their 'not pretending to be friends' plan at breakfast, so over the surprisingly edible eggs and toast they talked about possible date locations.