Chapter 12

ELLO ELLO ELLO I'M BACK :D

The next morning, only Hunter braved leaving his bedroom and going downstairs.

He was sat on the couch reading a book on wild magic, trying to find out anything he could about grimwalkers but found there was a substantial lack of information- let alone mention- about them in books.

He sighed and put down the book, the twelfth one he's tried, and slouched in the sofa.

The world is a cruel and uninformed place.

Just as he was questioning existence, he heard a knock on the door.

Maybe he could just pretend to be asleep and let someone else come down and open it.

Another knock.

It's 10:30, surely they should be up by now.

More knocking, followed by voices.

With a groan, he sat up and slowly walked over to the door, then spent an eternity unlocking and opening it to be met with two children around Luz's age, one a girl with green hair and the other a boy furiously penstagramming with someone.

"Uh, hi," said the girl.

Hunter raised an eyebrow.

"Uh, hey," he replied.

"We're here for Luz, if she's in?"

Just then, the person in question raced down the stairs and hurtled into Hunter, making him grab the doorframe for balance.

"Gus! Willow! I got your pensta, of course we can do it today!"

"Do what? What pensta? Who is this?" Asked Hunter, steadying himself and pushing Luz away.

"Oh, right! Hunter, meet Gus and Willow. Gus and Willow, meet Hunter."

The boy- Gus- put away his penstagram and looked at Hunter. Now that his face was fully visible, he looked a few years younger than Luz.

Luz looked at Hunter.

"These guys were supposed to come over a couple days ago for a sleepover, but we were too busy rescuing your bad but sad butt to meet up with them, so they're staying over today," she explained.

"Please tell me I'm not going to have to join in,"

"You bet! Amity, Ed and Em are joining in too if that'll convince you,"

Hunter sighed and walked back to the couch.

"Fine. But only for Ed,"

"Thank you," Luz and her friends came inside, sitting on the sofa next to Hunter. "We were thinking of starting now with a movie marathon! Hunter, could you please go upstairs and get everyone else? Not Eda, though, because she said no one should wake her up under penalty of death,"

Hunter stood up and walked upstairs.

he knocked on Amity's door once, and she immediately opened it and walked past him without a word.

He then went to Emira's room, and had to knock and call her repeatedly until she took out her headphones and went downstairs.

Finally, he went to Edric's door and knocked.

"Hey Edric, Luz wants us all downstairs for a movie marathon and the only reason I'm not running away is because she said you'd be there, so please for the love of titan come down no-"

Edric opened the door.

"Titian, stop the rambling, I'm here, I'm here,"

Hunter grabbed Ed's hand and led him downstairs.