Ch.2 Hostage Situation

LEONARDO POV

"Alright everyone let's move in," I instructed everyone over the earpiece.

We begin moving closer when I see trucks driving on the road and then suddenly stopping. I hear guns already firing multiple bullets coming from all directions. All of them focused on the trucks. I command everyone to advance and take out Fernando's men as they seem to have taken care of everyone in the trucks.

Quickly Fernando's men realized they were being attacked and returned gunfire. From what I could see they were pulling things off the truck while other men covered them. The situation soon came to an end when most of Fernandos men were dead. Some had run off and I was determined to find out where.

UNNAMED GIRL POV

Man we lost badly. We only managed to secure 40% of the packages.

Most of Fernando's men were either injured or dead. Hardly anyone made it left unscathed. Everyone who made it out alive was now this abandoned apartment unit. 

I held a now fully loaded gun in my hands. My job was to shoot, grab, and deliver. Shoot the people driving the trucks, grab the packages, and deliver them here. But when the boys turned up the plan changed. I had to cover Fernando's men but I didn't fire back one bullet. I just focused on retrieving the packages. 

Now that we had the packages here I would have to stay here guarding them all night until the morning. By then I'd hoped to receive the news that Fernando had been captured.

"QUIEN DIABLOS ERAN ESAS PERSONAS!" 

(WHO THE HELL WERE THOSE PEOPLE!)

I could hear Martin screaming behind me in anger. If Martin found out that I had betrayed Gallardo he would take me out not even checking it by Gallardo first.

Martin's outburst was interrupted by the sound of gunshots on the floor below us. 

Martin and the remaining men went outside into the hallway. 

"Todos!" I heard Martin shout from the hallway. " Vámonos ahora! Nena, quedate y cubrenos." 

(Everyone!) (Lets go!) (Girl, stay and cover us.)  

Martin and his men ran the opposite way through a back door. I stood in the middle of the hall letting my gun hang by its straps and my hands down to my side. I was going to surrender. 

It went silent for a while until I heard multiple footsteps running up the stairs. Most likely the people running up the stairs would be Santiago's people.  

Coming from the corner I see multiple men with their guns pointed at me. One of them shouted at me to get on my knees. I comply letting them take my gun and patting me down. They took both handguns I had holstered underneath my waistband and the knife in one of my large pockets. 

They lead me out of the building. Some men staying behind to search the whole building for more people. 

I got into a car and sat between two men. For the whole entire ride they didn't keep their eyes off me. Even the driver occasionally glanced up at the rearview mirror. Luckly they let me wear my mask on. 

We drove for about 20 minutes before stopping at a warehouse on the outskirts of town. I hopped out and the car was led inside. The place was heavily guarded.

One of the men put his hands on my shoulders and pushed me towards the center of the room. 

There I saw some of Fernando's men on their knees. Some looked wounded and others looking unharmed.