Ch.13 The Cabin in the Woods

THIRD POV

Everyone but Luciana and Daniel were informed of who temporarily occupied the small cabin in the woods behind the mansion. It was two minutes of walking by foot from the edge of the mansion's property to the cabin, which was currently being guarded, ensuring no one entered without orders from either Luciano or Lucas

Immediately after Luciana and Daniel left the mansion: Don Lucas, his son Leonardo, and Santiago made their way to the cabin.  

Lucas being a Don has more top priority tasks then to be interrogating people. It was something he let other high-ranking members do. It had been years since he personally interrogated anyone but now, he felt he needed to assist in this one. 

The small wooden cabin started coming into view. It perfectly matched the color of the surrounding tress giving it a discreet look. 

The guards greeted the Caruso's as they approached the cabin and unlocking the door for them.  The Caruso's entering the cabin came to face a grey-haired lady sitting tied in her chair just like they had left her. As instructed one of the guards approached closer going in to wake her up by kicking the chairs leg. 

The women blinked slowly coming out from a deep slumber. Fully awake she looked to the people in the room seeming unfazed by their presence. 

Getting straight to the point Lucas began the interrogation "At this point you realize the predicament you're in now, correct."

"I know you're not the police. Probably some thug who's got the wrong person." The women said, no worry in her voice. 

"I think I have a good idea of who you are." He paused to open a file he kept hidden behind his back. "Miriam Estrada, 58. You've caused us a lot of trouble." He read from the file. 

"And who would you all be."She asked, confused. Miriam was old schooled. Never digitalized any of her information in case of a potential hack. Any important information documents were kept on paper hidden under the floorboards at her house. 

"I'm Lucas Caruso," He answered, the corner of lips turning into a smirk as he watched the women's face full of panic. 

It was only for moment she let her guard down before regaining her composure again. "What a pleasure it is to finally match the face to the infamous name of Lucas Caruso." She smiled. "And these must be your children." Staring past Lucas and at Leonardo and Santiago. "Is Dad teaching you a lesson today?" She joked. 

Santiago and Leonardo didn't response to her antics. They were told beforehand to watch quietly from the sidelines. Lucas didn't bother to correct her about Santiago being his nephew. The Caruso family was well known among many criminals all over the world, but the identities of each family member has always been undisclosed. 

"I sure am. Today we learn about what happens when you mess with the Caruso's."

Miriam unafraid challenged Lucas's threats. "I don't see any tools here so you're not here to torture me. I'm sure you have ever answer you need already in that file of yours."

"Not everything." Lucas shook his head, presenting Miriam with pictures. 

Miriam recognized the people in the photos as Luciana and Daniel. Looking back up at Lucas she turned her head from side to side. "These are kids. How could I be connected to them." 

"I know you are." He said, confidently. Even though Lucas had no proof of that or to what extent Luciana and Daniel were involved with Miriam. "As you already figured out, we're not here to hurt you because I want to propose a deal. I'll ignore your involvement in the operations you lead to ruin my family's business if you tell me everything you know about these two individuals."