Ch.8 Meeting My Enemies

THIRD PERSON POV

Everyone boarded the private jet. The next several hours on the jet were quiet. Leo and Santi  were preoccupied with paperwork. Diego slept most of the time and Camilo kept Luciana and Daniel company.

Camilo tried getting Luciana to open up about the past nine years she'd spent in Mexico. Most of the responses were short and vague. It was clear to Camilo that she didn't want to talk and so he dropped the subject not wanting to push boundaries.

In actuality Luciana was just very sleepy. It would nearly be three days she'd gone without proper sleep. Her head kept bobbing up and down trying to fight back the sleep. She was told to never sleep while others were awake. It would leave you vulnerable to their advances. Though she didn't believe anyone on the jet would hurt her. She just couldn't shake off the feeling of worry.

Every once in a while Santiago would look up from his work to check on his sister. He saw Luciana fighting to stay awake. He was about to stand up when he saw Daniel already up and getting a blanket. Although Santiago was grateful that Daniel had looked after his sister he couldn't stop from feeling jealous towards a 15 year old boy.

LUCIANA POV

I was woken several hours later by Daniel shaking me awake. 

I looked out the window recognizing it was the airport in Barcelona. It's been years since Gallardo brought me along with him. He wanted to expand and bring the business to Europe. While I was here I was able to learn the area and meet many of Gallardo's associate. 

Walking down the jet stairs I was handed my backpack and a leash for Coco.

Before entering the airport I pulled up my mask and hoodie to hide my face. It's been a habit ever since I was a kid. 

Although now walking through the airport I grew more self conscious that everyone was looking at me. I probably did stand out a tad bit but I kept telling myself that it was because of Coco. They were just looking at my dog. 

I gazed around the airport repeatedly over and over as we walked. There was so many people passing right by us that it makes me paranoid that someone could be hiding between the crowds of people just watching us. 

I tugged Diego's shirt getting his attention. 

"Are we leaving soon?" I asked, keeping my eye on a specific person. 

"I think Santiago needed to do something here." Diego answered, trying to see what I was looking at. "What's wrong?" 

"I think a man has been following us." 

"Seriously? You think there's someone watching us right this very moment. We just got off the jet." Diego mocked me, raising an eyebrow.

I made a mistake speaking with Diego first. He was not very cautious nor convinced that there was any danger. Gallardo always implemented the idea that at every given moment someone could be watching you. Whether in a public or private you might never realize it. 

"Well right now we're being watched." I say in an urgent tone. 

"Who is watching?" questioned Leo, stopping the whole group in their tracks. 

It seems he had overheard the conversation. Everyone looked at me waiting for me to explain. 

"A man has been following us since we passed the last terminal."

"It's the man wearing the blue button shirt right." Daniel added. "I saw him too. He was sitting down at another terminal when I first saw him and now he got up from his seat when we walled past him, now he is over there." He tilted his head towards the man's direction.