Ch.4 Crash

CAMILO POV

The morning had started out cold but now that the sun was slowly rising the air became warmer. There wasn't much to see outside. Just acres of land and a long road that stretched for miles. It would be hours of driving on secluded roads until we arrived. 

So far, the girl has been very compliant, but also very quiet. I want to ask her why she's desperately trying to get away from Fernando or why she was talking with strangers in the underground. 

It dawned on me that we haven't even asked what to call her. We've just been referring her as 'the girl'. 

"OYE OYE DESPIERTATE GÜEY! " I heard the girl shouting from the back.

(HEY HEY WAKE UP DUDE)

"What is it?" I panic. 

"Those trucks. They belong to Gallardo." She explains.

She points to a trucks in the distance coming towards us.

Diego, now awake, took two M16 rifles from under the car seats. One for himself and the other one for me. I took the gun and placed it in the front passenger seat.

Diego switched his guns but to my surprise he gave his pistol to the girl. 

The trucks got closer eventually zooming past us. I sighed in relief.  The moment didn't last long when I heard tire screeching. I looked in the rearview mirror, both trucks spun around, and now chasing us. They quickly caught up and started tailgating us.

Shit! This car is old. It won't be able to outrun them.

THIRD PERSON POV

In retaliation Diego fired shots at them, breaking the back windows glass, and popping one of their tires. That was enough for them to retreat slightly back.

"GO FASTER!" yelled, Diego.

"IT'S ALL THE CAR GOES!," Camilo argued back.

Soon the car would run out of gas with the speed they were going. 

Camilo didn't want to stop until he could find some cover they could all run towards.

Diego was persistent that they should stay in the car and take the cars out with their guns. He was confident the people in the truck wouldn't shoot back at them since they had the girl inside.

But before either could decide on a plan to follow. The second truck accelerated past the first truck and slammed into their car.

It sent them flying off the road and into a meadow.

Diego was the only one unbuckled. He was thrown around in the back seat, losing grip of his gun.

The girl tried wrapping her arms around his body, securing him for a moment but she also lost grip when the car finally collided with the ground.

The airbags deployed upon impact.

Camilo, feeling a bit light headed, grabbed his gun that was laying on the passenger side floor and got out of the car.

The girl was able to get out of the car relatively unharmed. She only had minor wounds from flying glass and Diego's body crashing into her.

Taking cover behind the back car's tire she peered back at the road. Six armed men climbed out of their trucks and cautiously made their way into the tall grass.

The girl looked over to see Camilo hiding behind the car's front tire.

She held the pistol Diego had given her in both hands indicating she was ready to fire.