Chapter 2

??? POV:

A phone rings through the silence of the apartment.

"..."
"Hey, Mizu, that's yours!"
"Oh, right. Yeet it over, sis!"

A phones flights across the room and is caught by a feminine with slightly frog-alike features.
- On the phone - (This is whilst on the phone; "This is Nezu" , "And this is the owner of the phone")
???: Yes, hello?
??: Hello, Asui-san. This is Nezu from UA in Japan.
???: Nezu-san, what a surprise! I can switch if that would be tolerable for you? It's for personal reasons. And, please, call me Mizu.
Nezu: Yes, of course, Mizu-san. Even if I wanted to talk some more, I respect your reasoning.

Mizu now in Japanese: Okay. Let's start again: Good evening, Nezu-san. What honor did I receive to be called by the intelligent chimera satan principle of the infamous UA of Japan?
Nezu after chuckling on the other end: I feel flattered, Mizu-san. Therefore, let's get to topic: I want to suggest you to come to UA and teach the classes there to use their quirks whilst under water.

Mizu: ... Nezu.
Nezu: 'Ah shit. There goes the respect'
Mizu: Why would I come to my ex-home just to teach 'bunch of hero-wannabe-fuckers to swim.
Nezu: I can see the deadpanned expression of yours in front of me. As much as hilarious it is, imagined. I'm being serious.

Mizu: Why would ya just call me out of nowhere. There are a lot pros that involve water in their work life. Why me, Nezu.
Nezu: 'I can practically feel the temperature dropping' It was on a students request.
Mizu: Oya? (If you get it I love you) Well, that changes things a bit. A hero-wannabe wants me to give his class swimming lessons. That's a new. Well, whom placed the order?
Nezu: 'Great, her interest is peeked .I won't die today :'D '
From this years heroics Class 1a, Fumikage Tokoyami. But his main reason was something else.

Mizu: Isn't that the emo bird who is Hawks's favorite?
Nezu: 'Great, she heard.' Yes, he is. How come you know?
Mizu: Hawks and I chat from time to time. He once came to one of my trainings. Heard from me and was interested. Bonus was to get away from work for half a week. He's a good friend.

Nezu: Well, that tracks. If it would convince you more, we could chime him into the call. He was also there when Tokoyami asked and approved his request.
Mizu: No no, don't worry. I'll come, though, ya have to wait a bit more. The tournament's still going and ends in a few days.
Nezu: I will note that down. I won't tell the classes yet but when you come please come to my office to plan the whole thing.
Mizu: Of course. I'll call ya when I arrive.
Nezu: Until then, Mizu-san.
Mizu: See you then.

...

- In the apartment with Mizu -

(let's switch back to English, the girls, guys and non-binarys do not understand the language of the Anime-World)

"Hey, Mizu. What was that about?" Miko, her best friend and swim partner, asks sitting in front of her on the floor, looking up curiously from a magazine.
"Just ma ol' principle of UA at home." Mizu smiles slightly. She surely missed her home but she had to go. She couldn't have taken it longer at home. Her father obviously doesn't care up to date so she left when she had the chance to chase her dream.

"Ooooh! The rat satan called you personally? What's the occasion?" Now Miko puts the magazine away and repositions herself to listen closely.
Mizu laughs. "Ayyy, him. He wants me to come to school after the season to teach the kids."
Her friend scowls. "You sure didn't sound very... intrigued at that. You swore. And the plant got a frostbite for sure."

She shrugs. "It just brought up something. Why would I want to go back where my family didn't approve of my dream without a good reason? Make it make sense. Therefore I disagreed at first."
"But you agreed in the end...?"
"I did. Reason is the emo-bird favorite from Keigo. He requested this. I am curious as to why, though. Nezu said, it wasn't his main reason."

Miko's eyes light up. "Oya? Well that is interesting. Do you think I could tag along? It'll be boring with you gone" She looks at her with puppy eyes but Mizu had learned immunity against the weapon.

"Not this time, bae. You'd be lost and I'd rather have you here to look for the little ones."
Mizu smiles. She will miss her bestie but without them, the "little ones" would be a nerv wreck. The little ones are not really little anymore. But they still are underage and therefore have to be supervised the whole time otherwise the apartment -and mostly the whole part of the town- would end up in a disaster.

"I hate that you're right, droplet" Miko pouts. "But I still wanna come."
"Don't whine, ya big baby. I'll face time ya everyday, alright?"

"...Fine" Miko still pouts but comes to terms with her friends request.
"I'll help you pack when you have to go though."

"Alright, alright." Mizu laughs. "Well, imma make dinner. You call the rest."
"Yip, yip!"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"I will be  going now. Thanks for bringing to the airport, everyone!" Mizu grins as she turns around to her group of friends and swimming partners.
They all came because she would, most likely, not be back until after next season which will be in six-ish months.

There was Miko, her best friend, 29 years old like herself.
There was Luan, the 16-year-old emo princess and her twin Kimo, the sunshine second mother of the group.
Next to the twins are Milo and Kyle, the only males in the group, 15 and 16 years old and the trouble makers, known in the whole town. They had to bail them outta jail more than one time.
And, last but not least, Kira: Female, badass and the giant and protective badmouth of the team.

That is her team. For years they had been together performing and living in an apartment all together. They had become a family along the way and cared a lot for one another.
She is going to miss them a whole lot.
That is why Mizu's lips quiver and she ran back to her family group and pulled them into a big comforting hug.

" 'm gonna miss you guys!" she cries, "Promise to call!"
Her friends smile warmly. She is their best friend and helps them in every way she could and was something like their super cool mom. Her weird way of impersonating a pirate captain is one of her main characteristics but she cares like no other.

"We're gonna miss you, too, captain," Luan says. She might not be into hugs and general physical contact but this is her family so she tolerates it to a level.

"We promise to call!" Milo and Kyle say in unison. "But no promises to not get in trouble," Kyle adds, grinning.

"Don't worry, we're gonna look out for them, Ma," Kimo squeezes Mizu comfortingly.

Kira then shoves her out of the hug. "Now go, great captain," grinning she points to herself, "I promise to keep an eye out for everyone and protect our family!"

"You're gonna miss your flight, bae," Miko smiles while a few tears escape her eyes. "We'll visit you soon. Promise and keep youself save."

Mizu rubs her tears away and grinns back. "Ya better! I'll be off! Gonna call when I land!"
She runs a few steps before turning around and screaming "I love you guys!" then enters the plane which is going to bring her to Japan.