𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐞

time: 10am

date: 12th march , 2050

venue: The Future cafe

you sit alone with a cup of hot coffee in between your small hands. everyone in the cafe had their eyes pinned on the hologram screen just behind the bar, waiting for the big announcement. today was the day that all countries united as one to create the perfect program - with all their heads butted together, they would create a system that allowed the real being to enter the virtual world. 

in other words - for humans to enter video games.

you were grown up now, and all that thrill of video games had left you years ago, yet you still couldnt shake away that desire to feel a real sword, to feel video game pain. it was something that kept you awake at night, and something you never thought was possible until today. the news reporter groomed through all the neccesities of the day and moved on to the topic everyone was anxiously waiting for.

you took a long sip of your coffee when the prime minister took a stand, showing his face on screen. the years had taken a toll on him, and you could see the look of pure exhaustion from his wrinkled face as he adjusted his glasses. he took a deep breath before uttering the words all gamers had been dying to hear:

"ladies and gentlemen, i am proud to announce that our Virtual Transportation System (VTS) is opperational and can be purchased through your active devices."

the whole cafe irrupted in cheers and screams of happiness. millions of people waited for this moment, and it was finally here. you couldnt believe it - yet you werent so thrilled. the prime minister said something about warnings and not to get too attatched to the in-game characters as they werent real and although we could enter their world, they couldnt enter ours - as they were just codes. nobody was listening though, everyone had left already, ready to purchase the system and install it into their brain gear. 

you sat silently, wondering why the game characters couldnt come to reality, if we could become codes to be transported, shouldnt the game characters too? you were sure the government was just afraid people would bring monsters back - so you left it alone.

"y/n? youre still here?" the cafe manager, Yue stepped out from behind the bar. you could tell she was ready to close up until she noticed you. she gave you her ever loving signature smile. "not going to play games?"

you shrugged your shoulders. your love for games somewhat died down after finishing every game story there possibly was , and your love for fanfictions and lore had died as well. you just... grew up. there was no other explanations. you werent super old but... you just got over your gamer phase. no trauma happened you just - gave up.

"i wonder if you still remember your favourite game," Yue asked, pulling out a chair to sit beside you. your eyes fell on your half empty cup, contemplating whether or not to finish it. Yue took a deep breath and looked towards the wide window that displayed the purple clouds as dolphins popped through them like cotton candy from time to time. technology sure advanced. "i ran this bar for so long that i watched you grow up. you always talked about that game. it was only that game, no others."

you knew what game she was referring to, yet you couldnt really place the name. "what was the name again? something... impact..."

Yue seemed offended that you even asked such question. she shook her head and got up from the seat, slowly approaching her desk in the far end corner to adjust some lightings and buttons on the window. she clicked and pushed a few buttons, and the display changed into a flood of anime animations, people talking and flashes of purple and blue. someone on screen said something that struck a memory;

"Kamisato Ayaka..."

"you look like you remember something." Yue smiled.

your eyes perked up. "Genshin Impact..."

Yue looked at her watch, it had been about ten minutes since the official announcement. she sighed and smiled at you again. "you know, it wouldnt hurt to return to Genshin right? just to explore?"

you remained silent.

"dont you want to tell some of the characters that you want them to be strong? and tell some that you loved them?"

you chuckled. indeed you wanted to tell them that, but you couldnt really remember all the characters' names. you could remember some, but vaguely.

"dont you think its time you said hello, for the first time?"