𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝

time: ???
date: 20th april, 2050
venue: Teyvat

it had been a month and a few days, and the government had been saying something about system failure and refraining from damaging the system for the game and virtual world - but nobody seemed to be listening. after all, who watches the news anymore? everyone is in their games and virtual worlds. just like you were.

"have you seen venti around lately?" you asked suddenly, much to everyone's surprise. albedo had invited you to a picnic under the teyvat skies, the stars looked almost majestic tonight. jean and lisa exchanged glances and shrugged their shoulders, and xingqiu spoke up.

"you havent... met venti yet?"

you shook your head.

lisa looked at jean with a puzzled look, then back at you. "he was here just yesterday, when you were around. did you two not meet?"

"strange, but do you guys know where he hangs out?" you ask, not even bothering to contemplate. you just needed to see him. he was the only person you wanted and yearned to see.

"he usually hangs out on starsnatcher cliff." this comes from albedo, who takes a bite out from his muffin. you felt a little glitchy, and when paimon noticed your body starting to glitch out of place, she quickly held onto your shoulder.

"y/n are you okay?!"

you stopped glitching and caught your breath. "im fine... ill just go see venti before i have to go."

albedo and the others didnt argue, you did deserve to see venti. paimon helped you up and made sure you could walk by yourself before she sent you on your way.

the battery was draining faster than anything, and you were mentally cursing yourself for not charging your device more and to the max. you were cracking and glitching all over the place, and the pain — oh the pain. it was excruciating. it was agony.

your vision clouded over, and all you could see was darkness. your body was glitching, yet you could almost feel venti's presence. you were nearly there, you could almost see his silhouette at the edge of the cliff - you didnt want to fall off though. the last thing you needed was to glitch through the mountain and fall off , but you could see someone there.

before you completely glitched out of teyvat, the last thing you heard was the melody of a lyre.