𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭

time: ???

date: 12th march, 2050

venue: Teyvat

after installing the system and having it completely overtake your brain, you werent sure what to expect, so you were shocked when you saw your own appearance in the reflection of the pond. it looked almost like your real self - your exact hair colour, your little earrings and just some of your desired new customizations. other than your striking good looks, you couldnt see anything out of place. memories of the game start slowly flooding back, and you quickly felt around your body to check if you had a vision - apparently no. 

your clothes looked almost the same , the game seems to have improvised your shirt and shorts into a fancy looking dress of some sort - and your shoes looked more like heel boots if you didnt know any better. it just felt so weird looking so - whats the word... stunning? unreal? you looked like an anime character, well, you were an anime character in this universe, however you needed some time getting used to it.

you spent a few more minutes just generally admiring your own appearance before really looking around your surroundings. from the looks of the place, and your poor memory from all those years playing this game, this seemed to be Windrise, somewhere in mondstat. could it be?

the city looked different, probably since you havent touched the game in so long. suddenly, a little yell was sounded from behind you. from the voice, even after all those years, only one name popped into your mind - paimon? could she be here? could she possibly still be here? after all these years? but wasnt she with lumine or aether depending on who you picked? ah thats right, memories were flooding back.

"[username] ? IS THAT YOU? WHERE ARE YOU?"

there was no doubt about it, it was paimon alright. but where was she? 

"[username] ??? help me please its so dark - theres flashing lights everywhere!"

maybe it was because you forgot the storyline, or you believed that the game system was taking a while to register the fact that you were now inside the game instead of remotely accessing it from your device from the outside. you had no idea how to summon her from the inside of the game - you always just clicked the little paimon icon on screen.

but there was no paimon icon this time, just paimon calling out to you.

"oh [username]  you havent played the game in so long! paimon really misses you! but.. paimon cant see you right now... just give paimon a second!"

a little glitch seemed to happen - your whole body felt like breaking, and for a split second you felt like knives came at you, stabbing in all directions. the glitch lasted for a second, yet you felt so much pain that you thought it had been ten minutes. the glitching stopped, and when you opened your eyes, you could see her.

it was ... really paimon, right in front of you. her eyes seemed to have widened, and tears grouped into big droplets in the sides of her eyes. she almost stuttered when she spoke, "y-you're y/n... yo-you're real? youre here?"