𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐡

time: 3am
date: 22nd april, 2050
venue: y/n's home

you were watching the news, and they were announcing some kind of technical issue with some pesky gamers installing mods into their VTS which would cause the whole networking system to crash faster than usual. your friend brought you a cup of coffee before he sat down with you on the couch, an armslength of distance.

"have you met venti?"

you shook your head no before taking a long sip of coffee. you were there last night, but you couldnt find him. it almost seemed like venti wasnt real in genshin, but you heard his lyre and you were determined to see him.

time: ???date: 22nd april, 2050venue: Teyvat

time: ???
date: 22nd april, 2050
venue: Teyvat

you stood near the cliff, just generally breathing in the cool air. the air that you would never be able to breathe in the real world. once again, there was the topic of 'real'.

you were breathing, but were you breathing the real air from the real world while your brain made you think that you were breathing the air from teyvat? more importantly, were you actually here? or was this just a lie? you werent sure what was real anymore, and you didnt know what to do.

"what am i going to do venti?" you asked, seemingly to yourself. he was your comfort character, and always was always will be. you missed him dearly, even though you had no prior relationships with this boy - or man,, he was very old after all. you sat down on the soft grass.

grass... something your world doesnt have. you laid down on the soft green grass. how you would kill to have green plants and grass right about now in the real world. if they killed your real self that was fine, but then your brain wouldn't function, and you couldnt be here.

damnit, you never knew grass could make you feel so many emotions - probably because its been so long since you had any kind of contact with greenery.

"venti," you spoke, staring up at the clear blue sky. you had been living in war and pollution for so long that you thought the sky's colour was grey and muddy - but no, you were reminded by how beautiful the sky was. bright baby blue with cotton white candy for clouds. "if you can hear me, i miss you. i want to see you. even if you and me arent real in each other's worlds."

the clouds were moving along, as if waving hello and bye to your gaze. you half expected venti's face to pop up right in front of your sight, but that would be wishful thinking. you couldnt stop thinking about him, and you wondered how he felt like - how his fingers felt and his clothes. you wanted to hug him.

"do you like flowers y/n?"

you heard his voice. it was sweet, calm, and beautiful. it was like a beautiful song sung by a sweet and lofi vocal. you didnt sit up, nor did you even look back. you knew it was him, and you started smiling.

"yes. yes i do venti."

you closed your eyes and felt someone laying next to you on the grass. you kept your eyes shut, just in case this was all in your head and he wasn't actually there. you didnt want to break your illusion, you didnt want to be heartbroken when you find out that he wasn't actually there.

"what kind of flower do you like?"

you smiled, tears forming in your eyes. "cecelias."

"thats a nice choice isnt it?"

tears rolled down your cheeks. "it sure is venti."

you heard a soft giggle. "why are you crying?"

"im so scared to open my eyes."

"why?"

"im scared to open my eyes and... not see you in front of me."

"hmm, youre right, im indeed not in front of you, i am beside you."

you chuckled a little bit. you thought it was funny how you were talking to yourself, unconvinced that venti was actually beside you. "thats nice."

"silly, im beside you."

"mm-hmm."

"you dont believe me dont you?"

"i believe im talking to myself. im scared that your voice is just a figment of my imagination and somehow the VTS senses this and makes it seem like im talking to you when im not."

"whats a VTS?"

you chuckle, yet your heart seemed to have skipped a beat. could it really be him right next to you? you did feel someone lying next to you earlier so...

but you didnt want to open your eyes. you were so terrified - so scared that something good would disappear when you opened it.

"could you prove that you are next to me...?"

"of course i can~"

you felt something shift, and your body was pulled against someone's chest. your eyes remained shut, and you could smell it — flowers and alcohol, a little hint of fresh cecelias and qingxin flowers mixed together along with softly cleaned fabric of silk and linen. your hands instinctively tightened around fabric, and you could feel hot tears flowing down your eyes as you felt a hand on the back of your head, while an arm snaked its way around your waist - pushing you deeper into someone's chest.

"venti...?"

"mmm?"

you slowly opened your eyes, and was met with venti's clothes, and his collarbone. you blushed a little before picking your head up to look at him, the biggest grin forming on your face.

"VENTI!" you wrapped your arms around his neck as he hugged your waist. he was so happy to see you, as you were seeing him. you hugged him so tightly that he needed to pry you off as he couldnt breathe. "oh my god youre real! youre real youre real youre real!"

he smiled, and his smile was more beautiful when seen in person than you could have ever imagined. this was better than any fanfiction, better than any imagine - this was real. to you, this was reality.

"hello flower," he said softly, stroking your hair and wiping your tears. you were confused as to why he was behaving the way you always wanted him to be, and figured it was your brain system thingy that notified him that, which kinda made you sad as you wanted him to genuinely love you on his own accord and not because your brain system told him to. "welcome to teyvat."