𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐡

time: 5am
day: 2nd may
venue: y/n's bedroom

"y/n! wake up!"

your eyes literally popped open, and you nearly jumped out of bed if it wasnt for your friend who caught you. you were struggling for air, and your head felt like someone had swung an axe directly onto your skull and not killing you - your screams were not the only ones though, as you could hear screams and wails from different factions and houses nearby as well. it felt as if blood was coming from every direction of an open organ, but you were fine. you werent bleeding anywhere.

"y/n! snap out of it doll please!"

your eyes were darting everywhere, you were afraid. you were scared. you didnt know what was happening, and all you could remember was venti's face before everything flashed dark with red and purple and green and - blue? grey? red? it was so scary - like a flash jumpscare screen.

"VENTI! VENTI HELP ME PLEASE!"

"shhhh, y/n hey, im here doll im here..."

you clung onto your friend, and you didnt notice how close he was to you. he was practically sitting on the bed, cradling you as you screamed and cried. with time, you started to calm down, but you could still hear the screams of others from the other houses nearby, but they too slowly died down.

you finally regained your composure as you cried and shuffled yourself into his arms and embrace. he wasted no time in hugging you tightly, cooing you and stroking your back and head as he tried to calm you down.

"shhhh... it's alright darling it's alright... youre okay now, youre safe now..."

you sniffled. "i-it was so scary i- i didnt know what happened and it allhappenedsofastitwasjustaflashoflightandi— i didnt... i..." you were breaking down, speaking so fast that even you didnt know what you were saying.

your friend nodded, still rocking you back and fourth. "shh, its alright darling, its okay. youre okay i promise..."

you buried your face into his clothes. "what happened..." you asked, your voice slightly muffled by his clothes.

he sighed. "someone hacked the system and added mods and tools or something im not sure, i was just watching the news when i heard your VTS beep. i plugged you out from teyvat without properly shutting it down because i thought something might have happened to you... so im really, really sorry that i didnt shut it down properly and caused you so much pain... im so sorry y/n im so so sorry..."

you shook your head and gripped onto his clothes harder. "n-no its okay its okay... dont worry about it."

your friend stroked your back for a couple more minutes before wrapping you in a blanket and bringing you some soup. he sat on the bed next to you as you picked at your own nails. "its 5am, you should get some sleep."

you took the bowl of soup and started to drink from the bowl, taking large sips as if you hadnt eaten all day. you finally finished the whole thing and allowed the bowl to rest on your lap. "thank you for helping me."

your friend looked embarrassed. this was amplified as he turned his head away from you and scratched his head. "ah... i didnt help you at all... in fact i was the main cause of why you saw all those flashing lights... all because i didnt shut down the system properly..."

you moved a hand to touch his. "hey, you were trying to save me, you didnt know that would happen."

he slowly turned back to face you, "i suppose so."

you smiled at him, and he in turn smiled back — yet there was something very familiar about that smile. his smile reminded you of venti, and this wasn't because you loved venti so much that you were seeing him in everyone ; no. this was different. your friend actually looked like venti when he smiled, and it raised a few questions for you.

well for starters he never told you where he was created and how he programmed himself to be the way he was — yet when you screamed for venti earlier, he said "im here"

that was probably him trying to calm you down surely. yet, you didnt believe it. maybe you wanted to believe that he was venti. could he?

"youre thinking about something arent you?"

"are you venti?" you asked, very direct.

your friend seemed to blink in confusion. "no..? im your android companion, but you may call me venti if it makes you feel better."

you sighed. "it doesnt feel the same."

"yeah?" he held your hand. "you were the one who said reality is what you believe it is. if you give me a name, it gives me more personality. if i program myself to be like venti, and change my appearance, then technically venti would be reality, right?"

you didnt know what to say, but you didnt really like the idea. you liked him this way - you loved him the way he was. "but you wont be you anymore..."

"hey, youre the one who asked if i was venti."

you stared into his eyes. "i just want you to be you."

he chuckled and patted your head, seeing how you were almost going to cry again. it would seem like this whole virtual-reality thing was really messing with your head.

"alright doll."