𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐡

time: ???
date: 1st may, 2050
venue: Teyvat

you hung around venti more than you did with the others, but they were alright with that. they knew how much you loved him, and how long youve yearned for this to happen. it was that kind of feeling that they loved seeing in you, and they couldnt destroy it even if it meant they wouldnt be able to spend time with you.

you and venti sat side by side on the edge of the cliff like you two always would. you were laying on his shoulder, telling him about your universe. he was strumming on his lyre while he listened to you talk, he loved hearing your real voice. he was finally able to hear your actual voice and feel your actual presence next to him. your hair, your scent, your clothes — they were all real.

"venti, how was it like in here?"

"in genshin impact? well it was dark for an awfully long time..."

you cursed yourself for not playing the game for so long. "i apologise, i grew out of the video game phase..."

venti strummed once on his lyre. "and youre back, thats all that matters now."

you two enjoyed the breeze as words were exchanged, laughter and surprises. he was over the moon, yet you still had one lingering question.

"hey, venti?"

"yes flower?"

"is this love?"

venti seemed to pause for a moment, however still strumming his lyre trying to think of an answer. "hm, at this point, i am unsure of how to answer you my dear."

you didnt like that answer, but then again what were you expecting? i mean he wasnt real — wait... this topic again... gah, what was real? wasnt this real to you?

you didnt even know what to believe anymore. right now you were a creature, an enityty ; a soul from another universe. this didnt even make sense in the laws of physics. venti was code and program, you — you were an actual human being, your brain just transported itself into the virtual world yet — what did it mean?

did that mean you were code too?

what are you, in this universe?

"dont think too much about it," venti spoke calmly. "if you think about it too much, you'll get sad, and i dont want you to be sad."

venti's words were comforting, however you couldnt stop thinking about this. like, what were you, actually? were you real? was venti real? there were so many questions that you couldnt answer. perhaps you needed an answer from venti, but not even him knew.

your body started to hurt, and venti jumped in surprise. "hey, whats wrong with you? flower are you alright??" the alarming tone in his voice gave you so much reassurance that he cared, it sounded like love to you, and youd gladly take it.

"i-i'm f-/93£9ineojn %######**"

venti's face changed. he was now confused, but also extremely worried. "y/n? hey, talk to me please, whats wrong? youre scaring me..."

that was weird - this wasnt what happened when the battery was low. ah, maybe someone crashed the system by installing some kind of mod. your brain was clocking in and out, and teyvat seemed to blur into contrast of dark or white. your brain was cracking, and your vision was glitching all over the place. venti sat there horrified, hating the fact that he didnt know what to do.

you tried to speak, but all that came out were a bunch of weird symbols that not even you understood. "#*€687%9>$'vGugH7163bJn..."

you werent sure what was happening.

what was wrong?

everything is so scary.

venti help please i cant see.

its dark.

there are so many flashes of light.

he l

p

s
o

me

one

p
l
e
a
s
e

h

e
lp me

system failure.  01
rebooting . . .