Chapter 11

"LUCIAN, what in the world is happening in Velaris? Why are my soldier near the Empire's borders freaking out?? I THINK I TOLD YOU TO KEEP AN EYE ON THOSE DAMNED BLOOD SUCKING MORONS!" Draven yelled.
"Calm down you blue eyed freak. I have the reports with me, I'll fill you in with the information. So apparently, there's a demon attack in the town square of Velaris. And the Vampire Royal Guard is defending the city." Lucian reported.
"That's completely absurd. Demon attacks? Seriously? When will they stop this vile propaganda against us?" Melantha said, biting down her frustration.

"Normally, I would have agreed with you Ms. Elias but this time, I think their claims are valid. I would know, because I witnessed what was happening there." Lucian replied, "And that's concerning."

"What? How is that possible? No demon would disgrace the empire by terrorising the vampires like that." Draven said, his voice etched with concern.
"I'm well aware of that. The creatures the Royal Guard is fighting right at this moment are demons- but only to their eyes. They are not of our kind. Demons, even in their absolute Alastor form, don't leave a body mutilated, don't kill children, don't attack without a proper strategy, don't use Guerrilla tactics; demons don't talk in that state."
"Talk? TALK?" Melantha exclaimed.
"Yes, I heard that creature talk in what seemed like it's Alastor form. So I'm sure whatever they're fighting aren't demons. It's a conspiracy, a ruse deliberately planned against us. And the strangest thing is, I feel like the Royal Guard knows this."
"Now what's that supposed to mean? If this is a conspiracy, don't you think they would be a part of it?" Draven said, borderline annoyed.
"No, I saw the way they fought. It was unhinged and ferocious; they were unprepared and caught off guard by the attack. If they knew about it beforehand, their maneuvers would have been more calculated. Whether or not this is a ploy, they're not involved. But I think they've started to suspect something is wrong. At least one of them has. She seemed like the leader of all of them. I couldn't get a proper glance of her visage but- she single-handedly beheaded the creature that talked to her without even a single flinch. Even her powers seemed bizzare. It didn't resemble that of any vampire faction. It wasn't elemental. There was this- peculiar viciousness to it. I can't say anything for certain though." Lucian said.
"I swear to the heavens above, these blood suckers and their royal drama is going to be the end of me. I mean CAN'T THEY JUST LIVE IN PEACE AT LEAST FOR A LITTLE WHILE?" Draven cried out in complete annoyance.

"We have our fair share of royal drama too darling; ours is the throne without an heir." Melantha said.

The lost heir of the Aileth Throne.

"We would have found the heir by now if it weren't for the vampires." Draven blurted out.
"Well, it's not our duty to find the heir. The Order of Tenebris (* The Order of Tenebris was a group of the most trusted warriors of the demon throne. The are chosen by the King/Queen themselves. The Order of Tenebris is thought to be more dangerous than the Royal Guard of Vampires but no one knows for sure as neither of the groups have ever engaged in combat against each other.) has been bestowed this responsibility so we need not worry about that. For the time being, we should be more focused on protecting the borders and keeping an eye on the vampires. And moreover-  I have this feeling it's just a matter of time now, the lost heir will find their way back to the crown." Lucian said, looking somewhere even he wasn't sure of.

Meanwhile in Velaris-
"Mira... Are you okay?" Amaris asked, her voice, fragile enough to break with the slightest breeze.
Mira responded with silence. She just stared into nothingness. Her ocean blue eyes started to become oddly grey, thin strands of her hair gleamed a strange glow of aquamarine. She seemed... Different.

The air seemed to change too; it felt colder. Every breath they took, it was as if they were inhaling shards of ice. Their swords were being laced with the tendrils of icicles.