Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

When Layton returned, we ate dinner together in silence; then I cleaned up the plates as Layton watched TV. Walking into the lounge, Layton looked up at me with a small smile. "Come, sit" he said, holding his arms up for me to sit on his lap.

I offered him a small smile, before going over and taking on his lap. I cuddled into his, automatically, and leant my head against his shoulder. "Layton, I don't understand" I said.

Layton paused, "you don't understand what?"

I chuckled slightly at the statement. "There are a lot of things I don't understand, Layton. You being the biggest. But, I'm talking about yesterday. I felt desire, but you didn't want me — and since I first met you, all you wanted me to do was feel desire. So, why did you run from me the moment it happened?"

Layton frowned, looking down at me for a few minutes, before the corner of his lips turned up slightly. "What you felt yesterday was sexual desire — you wanted to mate with me. And, yes, I want you to feel sexual desire but not until after you feel normal desire. I want both from you".

"What's the difference?" I asked; confused.

"Sexual desire, is the want of sex — the want to mate me. Plain desire, is just the want for something. The want for me". Layton looked at me for another second, before he turned away; to face the TV again. I thought over his words for a minute, before everything seemed to make sense to me.

"You're scared" I blurted out. Layton's eyes snapped down to mine, and they glared at me before he growled. The sound was low and scratchy — full of dominance. I wanted to submit to him, my entire body wanted to crumble at his feet. But, I kept his gaze. "I didn't mean to upset you, Layton" I began.

"Then don't suggest I am scared — I am not weak like that". He snapped angrily, through gritted teeth.

"Being scared doesn't make you weak, Layton. It makes you normal" I told him, with a small smile. "But what I meant was, you're scared that I only feel sexual desire towards you and not normal desire. You're worried that I don't want you—"

"You're being absurd, you're—"

"That's why you didn't come home last night, wasn't it? Because you didn't want to face me, you were scared that I didn't want you; except for sexual reasons". Everything was suddenly so clear to me — I understood all his actions from the night previous. Layton didn't reply, he just scoffed.

I giggled at his dismissal; he was acting childish. He frowned deeply at me, "don't laugh at me". His words just made me laugh more, and I had to bite my lip to stop myself from chuckling more. "Seriously don't laugh at me" Layton growled.

I was still sitting on his lap, so I buried my face in his neck to hide my laughter. "I'm sorry" I said, through a giggle, "don't be mad". I giggled again.

"I'm not mad" Layton sighed, "it's nice that you're not scared of me anymore". His arms tightened around me, and I pulled my head out from his neck. "You didn't submit to me; that was nice". He shrugged it off, trying to sound casual.

"People submitted to me today" I replied, looking deep into Layton's eyes. Once more, the green bewitched me with their beauty. Layton nodded slightly.

"I would hope so, you are their Alpha Female. If they hadn't submitted I would have been angry".

"It made me feel lonely. Like I was something different — an outsider. You must have felt like that you're entire life. It must have been horrible as a kid. You'd have never known whether people liked you for you, or because you were the future Alpha".