Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One

Layton helped me pack, which was odd. I had a small suitcase from when I first moved in with Layton, but with all the clothing and things he'd brought me recently didn't fit inside. So I ended up buying a new suitcase to fit all my new stuff in.

"You don't have to take everything with you" Layton sighed, as I tried to force the top of it shut. "We're not really splitting up" he grumbled.

"But people have to think we have" I snapped, running my hands through my hair through my hair in frustration. Tears built up behind my eyes as I let out a feral growl of frustration. Layton grabbed for me, but I pushed him away. "No" I shouted, turning away.

"Gemini calm down, it's just a suitcase. We can buy a bigger one" Layton said, trying to take me into his arms again. I pushed him away again, as the tears finally began to fall.

"It's not just about the damn suitcase, Layton. It's about that fact that I have to leave, because someone wants to kill me. And everyone is going to think that you don't love me anymore, and Andrea and other She-Wolves are going to try to have sex with you. And everyone is going to think that Evan is the father to my baby and--" my words turned into sobs, as I began to cry hard.

Layton frowned at me, as he pulled me into his arms. My fingers gripped hold of Layton's shirt as my entire body racked with hard sobs. Layton didn't speak as he ran his hand through my hair. For a good five minutes, Layton held me as I cried.

When I managed to get a grip on my emotions, I pulled back and wiped my tears away. "You're being childish" Layton stated, walking away from me and back to my suitcase. He pulled a few items of clothing out, before zipping the suitcase up and walking it to the door.

"I'm not being childish" I frowned, taking a seat on the couch as Layton began getting his own small bag in order.

"Yes you are" he replied, coming to a stop and crossing his arms over his chest as he looked at me. I hated when he did that – looked down at me as if I was below me. He made me feel small and pathetic, and I hated that.

I stood up and placed my hands on my hips. "Layton, with everything that is going on I have the right to be upset. People will think you're single again, and you told me yourself that She-Wolves throw themselves at your feet wanting to be your mate".

"Gemini, you know how I feel about you why would you question that?"

"It's not you I don't trust Layton, it's every other She-Wolf. It's not like you never had someone before me. I love you, I'm just worried that you'll find someone else while you're away". I frowned, as I looked deep into his green eyes.

"I was only ever with woman for two things; sex and to have an heir" Layton told me. "I have both from you, why would I need anyone else?"

"Oh so I'm only good for sex and producing kids am I?" I snapped. I had never imagined I would ever talk to Layton in such a way. However, I was sad, hormonal and only three days off a Full Moon – so I found myself seeking arguments with him.

"Stop it" Layton screamed, his voice deep and hoarse. His entire body shook as fur began to sprout over his face and neck, and he half-shifted. With the dominance he held in his voice and the way his face distorted into a beast, I dropped my head in submission.

Layton growled loudly, the claws that grew from his finger swiping at the air. I whimpered in fear, and took a step back. Layton noticed me, as his black eyes glared at me. He growled once more, before turning on his heel and storming out the house. I cringed as the front door slammed behind him.

I cried after he left, curled up under a blanket on the couch. I knew that I was behaving irrationally, but I didn't want to leave Layton and I really didn't want Andrea or anyone else to try and get with Layton.