Chapter Ten

IMPORTANT - when Layton says bitch, they mean female dog/wolf. This is explained later in the book as to why he does this - he's NOT disrespecting Gemini!

Chapter Ten

Angrily, Layton stormed into the room. "What happened?" he growled out, furious. I had only been home a matter of minutes - but I was still crying from Andrea's humiliation. Seeing Layton was nice; he was a familiar for me.

I ran to him, and quickly flung my arms around him. Layton was shocked, and stood rigid for a few seconds, as I gripped his shirt and sobbed. But after a momentary pause, he picked me up and walked us over to the couch.

He didn't show any sympathy for me, simply held me close as I cried. My head buried itself in his nape, as I gripped his shirt - almost ripping it with how hard I held on. "The entire pack hate me" I wailed, my tears wetting Layton's shirt - yet, he didn't complain.

"No they don't" Layton told me, a fierceness in his voice.

"You're their Alpha Female, they adore and respect you. If they didn't, I would

kill them all. Now, tell me why you'd think like that?"

So, I told him what Andrea did. I cried as I told him, occasionally hiccupping in between words - the more I told him, the more I got upset. "They believed her, Layton, they all believed her" I finished.

"Get yourself cleared up" Layton snapped, angrily, as he moved me off his lap and stood up. I looked up at him, with confusion. "Go, change your clothes and sort your makeup out. And, get me a shirt while you're up there".

I did as I was told, and quickly changed. I grabbed Layton a dark blue shirt, and carried it down to him. He quickly changed his shirt, before grabbing my hand. "Layton, where are we going?" I asked, scared, as he pulled me towards the door.

Pausing, Layton turned to face me and cupped my cheeks in his large hands. "I am not going to allow Andrea to get away with this. I will make an example out of her. I'm going to set every member of this pack straight". He dropped his hands, before taking my arm and pulling me out the house.

We walked down to the Pack village; well, I walked, Layton's stormed. He was furious. I was nervous about what he had planned; I was terrified that he would make me responsible for someone's death. "Layton, you really need to calm down" I hissed, scared.

"No I don't. No one treats my mate like that". When we reached the village, Layton's grip on my hands tightened slightly. It neither reassured me, nor scared me. But, it made my worry increase. The village was busy; people everywhere. "Silence" Layton screamed - almost everyone cringed and submitted. I had to stop myself as well.

"Someone get me Andrea Falster, now" Layton ordered, "and I want every man, bitch and child here within the next three minutes. No matter what they are doing". His voice was loud, dominate and full of rage. He sounded like a true Alpha.

Layton was such a contrast from me; confident, direct, full of control and power. And I was the complete opposite. We were so different, yet, for some reason we kind of worked together.