kenobi, skywalker, and the resistance

A reunion. Mike and Eleven were the first to hug. I was the second.

"Hey, El," I said to her pulling her close.

"You have powers," She said, pointing towards my hands, and poking my head a little bit. She was an interesting girl, and because she was locked away in a prison for so long I knew most of her social skills weren't reformed.

"Oh, a gift from the Upside down," I told her and she smiled. She grabbed one of my hands.

"Sisters" Eleven statements hit something inside me, and I could see Joyce smiling over at me and her from a distance. I held her hands.

"Exactly, Sisters" I responded. She smiled big. "Sisters, who fight for one another right?"

"Right," She said enthusiastically. Eleven was someone I had met once and after that everything I knew about her I heard from Mike. I remember calling out to her once, seeing if she was there and if she could help me understand. Now she was here.

"If wills the host, and the mind flayer is the virus," Nancy said, pricing the hints Joyce was leaving together

"Then we need to make the host uninhabitable" Jonathan concluded.

"We need to burn it out of him, " Joyce said, anger present on her face. Sometimes it surprised me how much mothers would do for their kids, how much Joyce would do for her kids.

Steve and I were the babysitters for the night. We waved goodbye to the cars as they pulled out of Joyce's house. Going to fulfill their missions. Dustin fulfilled his one mission by showing a dead demo dog into the Byers' fridge. It was gross.

"If a coach calls a play in a game bottom line you execute it. All right" Steve said, trying to talk the kids out of another plan. Steve was acting like a mom, and it was entertaining to watch.

"Okay, first of all, this isn't some stupid sports game. The second was not even in the game and was on the bench" Mike retorted. Steve threw the rag off his shoulders in single mom fashion before faltering.