Chapter 8

Third POV

As they were eating their desserts, one of the second string foot soldiers ran in the house looking for a head guard. He finds Benny in the foyer and delivers an urgent message. It's something the boss needs to hear directly so Benny leads him to the dinning room.

The newcomers both bow at 90 degrees and apologize for interrupting before looking to Namjoon.

"Sir, there's been an issue at the warehouse. Who ever was in contact with Sung-Ho must've been anxious after not hearing from him. His code was used to enter through the back and fire was set to the new shipment that just came in. Luckily, the sprinkler system kicked in before major damage was inflicted to the building, but it did get a couple boxes and crates. The guys are sorting through it now to see what's salvageable."

Namjoon's jaw ticked slightly. He finished the pie in his mouth, signaling to the guys at the table that they needed to leave. He wipes his face clear of any crumbs, and stands facing Benny.

"Other than sorting through the boxes, I want nothing else touched. One rat is enough. We'll take care of it."

Benny nods his head and goes to prepare the cars they'd be taking, the foot soldier following directly behind him.

"I'm sorry we're leaving dinner like this you guys. Thank you for the meal Mars. You too Chan. It was great." Namjoon gave a small smile in her direction as he made his way to his parents.

"Sorry we can't help with the dishes gorgeous." Jin said while standing from his chair.

"Don't worry about it, seriously. We did the major dishes as we cooked so this is all that's left. I'll put the leftovers in the fridge too......... unless the Hungry Hungry Hippo Twins take it all with them." She arched her brow in Yoongi and Hoseok's direction.

Laughing, they closed their containers.

"I grabbed these when I came to the table. There's no telling when we'll get back now, and I need sustenance woman!" Hoseok smiled widely.

"And I just want some food later. Not even go hold you with an excuse. Could you put a piece of pie and cake in here please?"

Mars laughs, but does as Yoongi asked. Namjoon finished speaking quickly with his parents, as the rest at the table stood. Taehyung instantly hugs his 'sister'.

"You'll be alright Marce? I'll come say goodnight to you and Chan when we get back."

Jungkook slaps the back of Tae's neck. "She's 20 not 2. Grow a pair dipshit."

"Aish! Says the one who asked a child to switch seats so he could be next to her."

In the midst of their back and forth, Jimin hugs Chan and then Mars. "I'll see you later. Thanks for dinner."

"Never a problem." She slowly comes out of the hug and looks around to the seven men. "Y'all be safe. That's not a request either, it's an order."

There were chuckles of amusement, but they found her caring endearing. Random 'yes ma'am' and 'we promise' along with other responses rang freely while she picked up the dinner plates.