DSP 8 🔞 - Vegas' Stubborn Baby

Pete

I am a very optimistic person. I know that everyone has their own struggles and pain, but for me, I always look at the brighter side. Instead of drowning myself of loneliness, I tend to smile and laugh through all of it. I rarely shed a single tear even though I feel so empty.

I believe in reverse psychology. If a person hurt you, expecting for you to beg for your life, don't give it to them. Instead, beg for them to hurt you more, then they'll stop. I do the same thing when dealing with my problems. I don't ask God why he gave me this kind of challenge, instead, I thank him for giving it to me because these challenges give us a purpose-- a purpose to continue living and fighting.

But then Vegas came. He can be very pessimistic, which is the complete opposite. He sees the world as a battlefield, in which we should fight for our lives and do everything to stay alive. He always think of the worst that could happen, so as much as possible, he would get rid of anything that could affect his desired outcome.

How come we are together now if we see the world differently? Well, they say opposite attracts. Maybe that's why.

What's making me mad is that Vegas didn't change at all. He's still very pessimistic. He always overthink about the future. He's always worried about me getting hurt, about me leaving him or about me stop loving him. As a result, he does everything to avoid those to happen. He locked me up in the room, he chained me and now he tells me to just stay at home.

Does that make Vegas selfish? I don't know.

"Are you out of your mind?!"

My heart started beating so fast as Vegas yelled at me when we reached my hotel room.

I understand that he's mad but can he even blame me? I was just worried about him.

Vegas' eyes were burning of anger. He has never been this mad at me since we got together. Vegas has been very caring and gentle with me ever since I moved in to the minor family. It's the first time he's raising his voice at me like this.

He somehow regretted shouting at me and took a deep breath before talking again.

"Why are you here?" He asked. He's still looking at me with his furious eyes. Is he this mad?

I stepped closer to him. "I'm worried about you, Vegas."

He stepped back and turned his back on me.

I can already feel my tears welling up on my eyes, so I immediately wiped them even before he could see me crying.

As what I've said, I rarely shed a tear in any situation. I always try to hold them back because I believe that it's just not worth crying. But today, I just can't hold them back. My throat is starting to hurt.

"Didn't I tell you that you should stay at home with Macau?" He said and faced me again. "It's fucking dangerous here, Pete! How many times should I tell you that?"

No matter how scared I am right now, I should also let him hear my side.

Does he really think that I went all the way here to Chiang Rai to die?! I am not that stupid!

"Exactly! It's very dangerous that's why I'm here! I'm worried about you, Vegas. I can't just stay at home while you are here all by yourself with only three bodyguards!" I said, raising my voice.

I gasped when Vegas kicked the nightstand that made the lampshade fall and break. I held my chest as I can feel how my heart jumped out of my chest.

"Don't you get what I'm trying to tell you?! This is my family's business, Pete! I can't risk your life with this! You already resigned from being a bodyguard and I only want you to be my lover and be safe at home! Don't you get that?!"