Ruby

"Logan, you made it home, are you hurt, do you need to eat anything?" Logan just looked at his mother and said:
"Meghan, im alright"
"Alright Logan Stewart Dolley, im your mother and its my job to make sure that you are ok"
"Mother i am alright" repeated a reluctant Logan, all the while Angel is up in her room, which is what i will explain later.
"Hows Melody?" Meghan just looked at him.
"You know how she is, your older sister just died, Ruby will be remembered"
"i know mother, she will always be amoungst us"
"Always" agreed Meghan. Just then Angel came out of her room, and started down the old,tan, staircase and made her way down them, etching the holding so she held onto it and wondered down the stairs.
'Is that the same Ruby that i remember playing with as a kid?' she looked at the painting of the young woman. she had died at a young age, with her brown/golden hair, hazel blue eyes. She looked just like her grandmother who passed away merely days just after Ruby, Meghan lost her mother and daughter, and Jason lost his daughter and mother and law, Jasmine and Ruby.
Angel could remember once, when some bullies were calling her names, names that i shouldnt say, Ruby was the one that was always there for her, her older sister that she never had, and will always be her best friend.
'how did she die?'
Back to Meghan and Logan...
"is Jason ready for her?"
"your father has been ready, and he just cant believe that he gets to train her, he has it all planned out, down to when she goes to sleep"
" wow, how long will she have to train a day, and how many days a week?" Meghan just looked at her son, and said:
"oh you know your father, probaly four hours a day minus studies, just four hours in training when she wakes up a couple of hours, and when she goes to bed, another couple of hours" Logan whistled. Just then Jason made his way towards his wife and his son, and said:
"whats going on here?"
"i was just asking mom when you are going to start training her and how long a time" it was Logan who spoke. Jason answered:
" well, ill start as soon as i can, the sooner the better, but lets let her get settled into her new life, and we will start monday" it being friday.
"ok then it is settled, and dad, you have to steady her and be patient with her, she is new to this life, she doesnt know why she is here" Logan.
"i know, i just want to make her the best that she can be to reach her full potential". Just then Melody came down from her room, finding Angel close to the foot of the staircase.
"why am i here?" Angel said to no one in particular, but it was Melody that answered:
"I dont really know, but my parents should know"
"is this my new life?"
"as far as i can tell" Angel looked at Melody. The other girl had on jeans and a bright blue t-shirt, illuminating her icy blue eyes, and strawberry hair, she looked just like her father, Jason.
"im sorry that you had to leave your old life behind"
"its ok i had no one to live for anymore"
"no family no friends?"
"no one that i will miss" then she started up again.
"but i once did have a friend, your sister Ruby"
"Yeah, she was something wasnt she"
"yeah she was" then Melody joins Angel and they both come down the stairs, but not without one last glance at Ruby.