Sun Doesn't Hurt So Bad

A cute small child walked around town, and took whatever she could find to keep warm that night. A tall man with red eyes approached her and asked where her family was. She didn't know. He asked her age. She didn't know. He asked her name. She didn't have one. Fed up with it, the man stabbed a finger into her arm and pumped blood into her. She was crying in pain and scared, but the man didn't care. He left before anyone would see, leaving the child to die in agony.

The next night the small girl woke up with an intense hunger, and she did not see anyone around. She walked around weakly before collapsing, and the last thing she saw was a beautiful lady running to her.

She woke up, inside a quaint little house and the first thing she saw were pale lavender eyes. She blinked, he blinked. Without another word he walked off to get a Tamayo-Sama he mumbled about. Sitting up, she was in a mostly empty room, save for her bed and a few medical supplies.  After a few more moments, the pretty lady walked in, along with the mint haired boy.

"How are you feeling, little one?" The pretty lady asked, but there was no response.

"Answer Tamayo-Sama, ill-mannered child!" The child just gave him a confused stare.

"Enough Yushiro, I don't believe she knows how to talk, or what we're saying." At this point the child gets up, trying to go somewhere. Tamayo doesn't let her go though. She points to herself "Tamayo." and then to Yushiro "Yushiro." Then to her, but there wasn't a response. "I don't think she has a name. Ah! I got it, we can give her one." She then points to the girl again, "Akimi."

Showing she understood she pointed to herself and said her new name. Then again to both demons.

"I see now we can teach her how to speak." Yushiro said, wanting the child out already. Nobody, not even a child, steals his Tamayo-Sama.

Soon enough she could understand enough that she, and the two others were demons, and that she must never eat humans. She, strangely enough, didn't need human blood to survive. Though she wouldn't get stronger, she could stave off hunger by consume the blood of animals. She eat a steak once but it wasn't fully cooked and that's when they learned this. Soon after, she got bored while staying with Tamayo and Yushiro, so she wandered off. But she got a little lost and went too far. She came across a small home at the base of a mountain, and decided to go up the mountain and find some animals.

Walking up, she saw a boy who was miserably failing at running down the mountain. She saw that there were traps everywhere and he was doing a bad job at avoiding them. She giggled to herself but the boy heard her unfortunately. She noticed he sniffed the air a few times before heading toward her. Without much else to do she came out from behind the tree she had hid behind.

The boy, not realizing she was a demon just yet, asked her, "Are you lost?" to which the answer was of course silence. An awkward atmosphere surrounded the two as they had a staring contest. the boy then stated his name. "My name is Tanjiro, what is yours?"

This she understood well enough, recognizing my, name, and yours. She assumed he was Tanjiro, so she stated her name. "Akimi."

After learning her name, Tanjiro asked her, "Do you want to come with me, Akimi?" to which there was more silence. Taking her hand instead he started to run down the mountain once more.

Making it to the house was long, they made it about 30 minutes before sun rise. making it to the door Tanjiro opens it and talks to a older male, before passing out. Without noticing the girl, he brings Tanjiro inside and closes the door right after Akimi slipped in.

Tanjiro woke up later in the day and looked around for the girl. He got up, checked on his sister, and found Urokodaki. "Where's Akimi?" He asked, to the man who gave out a confused noise, but then quiet laughter was heard in a corner behind a small closet.