Chapter 7 - Central City Strong

MacKenzie's POV

"This is what we found embedded inside Abra's annoyingly secure tech cuff." Cisco says, placing a device with a ring on the desk

"It's a Martian memory restorer. It helps people get their pre-Crisis memories back with a single touch." Chester says

"How do you know that?" Caitlin asks

"Cause Cisco designed it." Chester says with a smile

"Whoa. But why?" Allegra asks

"So Laurel Lance and Mia Queen...Okay, you know what? It's not important." Cisco says. "The important thing is I think Kadabra stole the MMR in the future, and something in those pre-Crisis memories brought him here."

"So the reason he wants to blow up the city could be in there." Allegra says

"Even if it is, it doesn't matter." Caitlin says. "We don't have time to find it. I mean, the human brain is essentially capable of storing trillions of bytes of memories. It would take us years to find the one we need."

"No, it won't." Barry says, walking in. "I know how to stop Abra."

***

"Flash, Kadabra stopped at Tagaloa Plaza." Chester says over the comms

I hack into the security cameras of the plaza that Kadabra is in so that we can have visuals. After getting a 'hell no' response from Barry because he didn't want me out there with something this dangerous, I was going to do the next best thing: get visuals

"Perfect timing, Flash." Kadabra says. "You're just in time to witness the complete annihilation of Central City. And you'll finally understand what it's like when everything you love dies."

"You were right, Kadabra." Barry says. "We can't defeat you, which is why I'm not gonna try."

"What happens if this doesn't work?" Allegra asks

"Then it's game over." Chester says

"Trying to pull a trick of your own." Kadabra says. "I wouldn't. Your 21st-century brain comes in a distant second to my 64th-century intellect."

"No, no tricks." Barry says. "Just listen. I know why you're doing this. I know why you're hurting."

"You don't know a damn thing about me." Kadabra says, using his wand on the bomb

"Yes, I do! Yes, I do!" Barry yells, trying to pull Kadabra's attention away from the bomb. "I also know killing innocent people isn't the answer. And it's not gonna change anything."

Kadabra pulls his wand away, looking at Barry. "Destruction is the ultimate catalyst for change. See, people in my century understand that." Kadabra says

"You may be from the future, but the reason that you're here... You're trying to change the past." Barry says, putting the memory ring on an obelisk

"No. Leave that alone." Kadabra says

A hologram of memories of Kadabra and his family play. "This is your family from another timeline." Barry says. "Only they're gone now, aren't they?"

"13 months ago, I started having dreams of a life I never lived, one where I was so... Happy." Kadabra says, watching the memories play. "I had to know what was causing them. I ran every test on myself possible using 64th-century technology. What I found was that, somehow, I'd experienced a sudden increase in my somatic memory cells."

"Your memories were expanding." Barry says

"More backwards 21st-century thinking." Kadabra says. "I'd been exposed to neuro-temporal displacement, the kind that's created when speedsters disrupt time. With my clue for the cause, it led me to the Flash Museum. You're obsessed with the future, Flash. Not now, but... oh, you will be. I found so many interesting things there including, to my surprise, Cisco Ramon's archaic memory device. It was damaged beyond repair. I fixed it easily."