23. Mall Rats

‧₊ ·˚ ༘❁ ┊ep 2

‧₊ ·˚ ༘❁ ┊ep 2. the mall rats ▬▬▬▬▬▬
꒰ ✎ ꒱ؘ STARGIRL, a stranger things fanfiction

The phone rings. "Hello?" Franny picked up the phone. "Do you want to come over? Just Gabby, you and me?" Max told Franny from the phone.

"Sure." Franny nodded her mouth hung open, "See you later." Max quipped and hung up the phone. Franny put the phone back on the stand and she sat on her bed. She thought of hanging out with Max. Franny nodded and grabbed and then placed her shoes on her feet. She asked her mom to drop her off at Max's house.

They got in the car and drove off. "I'll be with Jim all day today, okay? Kirby's at work with Robin. She won't be home 'til 9 okay? See you later." Paola explained, Franny waved and closed the door.

Max and Gabby were outside skateboarding as they watched Franny walk up to them. "Hey," Max announced trying to d a trick with her skateboard. "Hey." Franny smiled.

Max tried to do a Rollie but failed. "Shit." Max slipped off the skateboard as an invisible force rolled it to El. Eleven picks it up and walked to Max and the others. Max looked at the two girls standing beside her.

El looked at Max who eyes her confusedly. "Hi." Eleven quipped. "Hi?" Max answered. Eleven looked at the two girls beside Max. "Hi." She told them, and they gave her a wave. Max and the others didn't know why El was talking to Max, El hated her when El saw Mike and Max bonding last year.

"Can we talk?" Eleven stammered as Max nodded, leading the girls into her house.

They all walked to Max's room. El explained about Mike. "Then he said he— he missed me," El explained, as Max paced. "And then he just hung up."

"Mike's never been like that before." Franny faced El. El nodded. "It's weird," El replied. "He's a piece of shit. Lucas is a better boyfriend than Mike." Max added.

"What?" Franny and El noted in sync. "Mike doesn't have jack shit to do today, and his Nana obviously isn't sick." Max acknowledged. "I guarantee you, he and Lucas are playing Atari right now," Max told them.

"But friends don't lie," El replied. "Yeah, well, boyfriends lie," Max noted. "Not Lucas though right?" Franny asked.

"At some point, he probably lied to you." Gabby entered the room getting snacks from Max's kitchen. Eleven looked at her blankly. "You're going to stop calling him. You're going to ignore his calls." Max explained. "As far as you're concerned, he doesn't exist," Max added.

"Doesn't exist?" El breathed. "He treated you like garbage." Max alleged. "You're gonna treat him like garbage. Give him a taste of his own medicine."