Chapter 2: Eccentric Events

I woke up the next morning, unable to flush out the memory of last night. Who was that? Or, maybe, it was just late at night and my mind was just playing tricks on me. Regardless of what happened, I don't think I would like the outcome.

Oh well, it's in the past now. I make my way to the kitchen for breakfast, to be greeted with a frustrated looking dad in front of the fridge. "What's wrong?" I ask him. "Why don't you come here and find out?" He sneers at me, and I come to his side. The fridge is empty, besides two cans of soda. "Oh." He facepalms, then motions towards me.

"Alright, Y/N. I'll... try to figure something out. Until then, why don't you go to the nearby convenience store to see if anything's there?" Well, I don't see why not. I'm about to leave when Dad stops me. "Get back here, I haven't even given you my wallet yet." Oh, right. I take the wallet from his hands, and THEN make my way to the door.

Opening the door, I see a guy with a party hat, running towards me. Before I can react, he shoves a flyer into my hands. "Hey! I'm hosting a stargazing party soon! You should totally come! It's in 5 days! Do. Not. Forget. Okay, see you!"

And as soon as he arrived, he had left. What a strange individual. I keep the flyer in my pocket for future reference, don't want to end up forgetting. Luckily for me, it took less than a minute to arrive at the enterance of the store. Unsurprisingly, there was only one car there. Hm, wonder who it belongs to. Further inspection of the car showed writing that said "this is my car - cashier". Cashier, eh? Interesting name.

I open the door to be greeted by the cashier of the store. "Hi, welcome to 'a generic convenience store'. We are open 24 hours." Poor guy, bet he has to say those same lines as part of his job. The store is pretty much in shambles, which is to be expected since it appears he's the only one running it.

Right, breakfast. There's not many options, as they have a singular egg, milk, orange juice, and a few more items. Well, there's no harm in making do with what I have to work with! I get all my items and bring them to the register to pay. As he processes my items, I feel the need to make small talk. "Well, uh, hi! I'm Y/N, nice to meet you. Just moved here yesterday, aha. How are you doing?" FUCKTHATSSOAWKWARDANDDUMBWHYDIDI-

"Mm, I've had better days. Thanks for asking, I guess. I'm Cashier." Oh, so his name is actually Cashier. Either that, or he just doesn't want to share it. Well, better than no response. "Did you hear about that stargazing party the guy with the party hats hosting?" I pull the flyer out of my pocket to show him, and he lifts his gaze to read it. "Oh, you mean Pat? Eh, don't mind him, guy constantly hosts parties but no one shows up. I honestly couldn't care less. I mean, I'm just a cashier who has barely any time for these things anyways."

Despite the fact that I just met him, I couldn't help but feel bad. However, he finished scanning my items, and there's not much more to talk about. So, I exchanged a quick goodbye left the store for the day, heading home.

Timeskip.

I notice my dad watching TV in the living room, and remember that I need to mention the party to him. After all, I shouldn't be going anywhere without his knowledge. "Hey, dad, what do you think of this?" He puts on his glasses and looks the flyer over. "Hm, fine, as long as you go with someone. You need friends, but this flyer still looks sketchy." Ah, so all I need is someone to go with? Perfect, but who?

A light turns on in my mind, and I tell my dad about the cashier guy I met earlier. "Good, so you already met someone. You can go with him then. Now shoo, football is coming back on soon." Great, got his permission! Now, how do I convince Cashier..?

That's an issue for tomorrow, I suppose. I go to my room and hit the lights, enduring the feeling that I'm being watched.